Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

I smoked but will try again

18 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
To succeed we must first fail. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My daughters father and I had an argument yesterday and he ended up moving out. I was so distraught that I smoked a cigarette. I know its bad but the good thing is that I seen that I really didnt need it and it didnt do anything for me. So today I am going to try again. Im going to take one day at a time with the break up and also the smoking. So far so good.
Thank you so much for the support
I would like to really thank everyone for all the support. You guys have really helped me. I started this thinking that I couldnt really do it. But more and more I think I CAN DO THIS!
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep up the great work! You are bound to have set backs! Don't let it get you down and get right back up and try again!
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That would be RED HOT addiction (cinnamin round things)! Oh - and I also have this spelling error addiction........... LOL
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pink, As you know, smoking helps NOTHING get better, if you light up, it will still be the same when you're done. You are missing nothing by smoking. Coping is one of the hardest things when you think you need to smoke or are in a situation that always triggered you to smoke in the past. Throw away all cigs, ashtrays, lighters, etc. Get your self something else to do (I now have a Red Not addiction) and my husband chews so much gum that his jaw is sore, but we're still NOT SMOKING. Hey - come to think of it, paint your toenails a NEW shade of pink. That takes time and keeps your hands busy!! Best, CobenFan (Christine) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 790 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $161 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Pink! I love that name!! Anyhow, I'm not sure how far you were into your quit, but I am proud of you for getting back up and jumping right back into the quit wagon! As you saw, a cig did not fix anything. So next time, please come here first. Post and wait for some replies. We are all here for you. Vent to us - and let us help!! Congratulations on getting right back up. That is very important. Stay strong, and let us know how you are doing!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,993 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $215.82 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The important thing is to learn from mistakes and make sure you don't repeat them, well done on getting right back in here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,123 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �232.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
18 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pink, This is not an easy thing we are doing! Just dust yourself off and step back into the ring. KO the nicodemon! Joonie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 410 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39

Reading this thread: