Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

A litte bit about me

18 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for the support and the very helpful words and i really like hearing about everyones experience with quiting ..it makes such diffrence talking with others that have been there. Have a great weekend everyone. Krim.
Josie thats amazing regarding the woman in her 60's thats inspiring thats for sure ..to hear that she was able bounce back like that..needless to say that makes me want to quit even more and hearing that makes me want to really try to get my dad to quit too ..hes 57 and has been smoking all his life and knock on wood no problems have come up for him yet but i sure want him to quit before they do and hearing that about that woman really make me realize that it is far from being to late for him aswell..and thats a story i will be sure to share with him.
Hi there thanks for your insight.And i will be honest no have not quit yet ..but im very serious about doing it.And as far as when i want to quit ..well i want to quit right now and wld make this pack my very last one and i know this is a stupid silly reason but the only reason im hesitant about quiting right now is ..i have a wedding im going to exactly a mnth from now ..its my sisters wedding and im in the wedding party ..and this shld even be an issue i know but im really worried that if i quit now that i will pack on the weight between now and then.And i know thats such a silly reason to wait so im strongly considering just saying the heck with it if i gain weight or not and just quit now as i dont want to put lungs throught this any longer ..but then i think will one more mnth make a big difference so im pin ponging back forth to ethier stop right now or make my quit date exactly one mnth from now and my little voice in my head is telling me what the right thing to is and thats quit now.I just want to be able to still fit into my brides maid dress in a mnth :) :) but like i said im very serious about quiting..i want to be healthy thats the most imporant and to not play russian roulette with my life and by smoking thats exactly what im doing.So im determinded to do it even if i means at times i will feel like chewing my arm off lol And asfar as how well i bought myself abox of nicorette gum to get started and im debating on trying the patch but im not to sure about that one.And will need to load my fridge with lots of carrot sticks and celery sticks for when i get the munchie attacks.And i also want to come up with things to keep my hands busy so that im not as tempted and then the hard part is my fiance will be here with me soon too and hes a smoker as well and i know he wants to quit and im going to be doing everything i can to help him quit to ..im wondering the if its a good idea for us to quit at the same time as we will be a cple if serious grumps im sure lol so maye its better if theres just one grump at a time.Its a hard call thats for sure but i know in the end its well worth it.And not mention i hate all the things cigs brin into your life ..the coughing up garbage all the time and stinky smell off the smoke on your cloths and your skin and brea
Ok let me try this again as my first into was deleted ..and i dont know why.But i am a 33 yr old female and im from Canada .Very stupidly i started smoking about a yr and half ago well heavily about a yr ago.Yes i went all these yrs with out ever smoking a drop.And im ashamed of myself for starting.But how i started is socialy for the first time i smoked a funky cig since im assuming i cant say the direct wording online here but a cig with green herb if you get my meaning ;) and it really made have such a peacful sleep as im a restless sleeper and wow i slept like a baby when had one of the "funky cigs" and when there were rolled they were mixed with tobaco to make them less harsh.So that tiny bit of tobbaco is what very slowly but surley got me hooked on cigs.So for about the last yr is when i really started smoking heavily ..very stupid on my part ..but it happened and im now hooked on the filthy things.And then about 2 mnths ago i had a bad chest cold and it cleared up but since about 2 wks ago ive been coughing up all kinds of gross flem with icky looking garbage in it and very rarly but once in a will there wld be a very small thread/pen dot size of blood in my mucas that i wld cough up.Now its not as bad or as often now ive noticed ..but it was enough to scare the heck out of me thats for sure ..so i got checked out by dr and she checked out my lungs and said they sounded clear and fine and all the grabage and teeny bit of blood that i wld see once in awhile was crap that my lungs were getting rid of from the cold and the cigs.But to be sure im getting a chest xray.But like i said im not coughing nearly as badly as i was its gotten a lot better.But im stoping smoke ..no if ands or buts about it ..that scared me enough thats for sure .So like ive said ive been smoking heavily for about a yr now...and im 33..am i to far gone now by smoking? Will i ever have my healthy lungs back again or is it to little to late after you turn 30? And great to meet all of you and to be apart of this group.
18 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is never too late, and you should be proud of yourself to quit. I have Asthma, and I know how scary things could get. You can do it. Carmen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 66 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Krimson, It's highly unlikely that you've done yourself any permanent damage having smoked for such a short time. I think you'll find that in a while you'll probably have forgotten that you ever smoked! We all make mistakes, the difference between you and me is that my mistake lasted for 29 years longer than yours! I'm sure you'll be successful - use this board when you're going through those difficult moments Good luck !! Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �555 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 81 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Krimson, I was reading through many post as i am now preparing for my quit. and came across yours and your concern about weight issue. So i just thought maybe i could share a little tips. I am one person who can put on weight easily too. And due to my profession as an performing artist, i really need to keep my weight in check. hence, over the years, i have acquired some insight to this topic :) so hope this help to remove the hindrance to your quitting now. 1. re-adjust your diet to a lower carb one. I actually threw out all starchy food like rice, bread, cakes, etc. and pump my diet with low fat meat like fish, chicken (no deep frying), vege, salads. however, throwing out all starch may not be a long term thing, i think we still need some of those, not too much thou. that makes us lethargic if taken in too much. So if you are looking at like a month time to fit into a beautiful dress, i think you can attempt doing away with those carb now. It really works!!! and it is good for our health too. throw out all deep frying food!!! all grilled or steamed. 2. Keep moving....whether you are into exercise or not. If you are, that's a plus. then, its time to raise the intensity level you were used to. e.g. push a little harder when you run, or run a longer time. (fat lost really happens after 30 mins of cardio exercises. ) if you are not into exercise, then keep yourselves busy and move around alot. I actually lost 4 pounds from a tour once, did alot of walking in that tour. 3. Detox your body. quitting is already a way of detoxing. And there are some herbal products that help our system to detox. Detoxing is usually a good head start to prevent weight gain, or attempting weight lost. wish you the best. na [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome and good luck to you!
18 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Krimson I quit 3 weeks ago, and believe me, if I can do it anyone can, because I loved smoking. It was much easier than I anticipated, because this time I used the Commit lozenge. I chose the lozenge instead of the patch because I could control when and how much nicotine I�d absorb, plus I liked the idea of something in my mouth. I pop one in until the crave passes, remove it, to be used later. I also drink tons of water. Everyone has to find a way that will work for them, a plan is important, but then�.just do it. It is not that difficult. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 643 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $110.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
18 years ago 0 107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Krimson, Yes, you CAN do this! It is true what everyone is telling you...it's never too late! I've smoked since age 14, I'm months away from hitting the big 5 0. I also have a family history of easy weight gain... Fumes from the local bakery, if ingested by mouth or nose, can cause me to gain weight!!! I have lost 65Lbs in the past 1year 3 months. Quitting smoking scared the )(*&^(*&^% outta me because of the common problem so many smokers have with gaining weight. I did not, DO NOT, want cigarettes to take that success away from me. Since that was/IS a huge issue for me, I concentrated a great deal of energy into PREPARING for that specific part of my quit. EVERY person's quit is different. Why? Because there are issues about smoking which are important to me, yet Jane Blacklung could care less about. Focus on and make a list of all the things that come into your mind about what you fear may happen when you quit smoking...then prepare for those specific fears to meet them head on. Oh and I'm 31 days quit....and have lost 2 pounds! Interestingly, for me, (remember, everyone's quit is different,) I have LOADS more energy now that I've quit smoking which makes loosing the weight and keeping it off SO much easier. Hang in there! You can CAN can do this!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 314 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $49.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59

Reading this thread: