Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,720 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CeCe2128, Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade

Almost Ready To Quit

18 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome and good to meet you Zany, BUT DONT QUIT JUST YET [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?forum=16&topic=29122]PLEASE READ THIS FIRST. THIS WILL HELP YOU[/url]
18 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like there's a few of us with May 1st start days! Good luck Zany!! You sound like you're sick of cigarettes controlling you too! As for your son, well maybe he's actually having a say in his life... sounds like you're extremely important to his wellbeing. I'm just going to go one day at a time...sometimes 1 minute at a time i reckon! Smiles Cass
18 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Josie, thanks. I am mega busy at work and my CPU broke at home, so I didn't have time to go through the whole porgram with thought. I am still going to try today. I smoked 6 cigs this morning and have been wearing a patch all day. I am sitting at work and the cigs in my car are calling me, but I think I can last a few more hours. Hey Na, thanks for the welcome. I hadn't really thought about smell. You're right, though. Cig smoking has to stink and make us smelly. I know that when I quit for 7 months, I started to feel better about how I smelt. Also, my skin became very fresh. Well oinkoink2u (what a name!) As you see I did smoke this morning, but, hopefully, those were my last cigs. Hi Cheryl, Thanks for the welcome. When my CPU starts working at home, I'll be able to participate and read more. Hello Bubba, I guess when I mentioned Allergies, I meant health. I wonder if there is any connection to smoking and cholesterol. Yes, Second hand smoke can't be good for the boy. Cass, I hope you're doing well. Thanks all, Zany PS I can't set my Quit Meter. I think I have to get to step 5 to set it. Technically, since I smoked my last cig today, (I think) I'll have to set it for May 2.
18 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Afternoon, I have been guesting here quite a bit. Everyone seems so dedicated. I quit smoking once for 7 months. Then for whatever reason, decided to pick it up again. If I could find the reason, I would have another key to success. Reasons to quit: 1) My allergies seem to be picking up. I am sneezing and coughing quite a bit, so much that the mucos makes me sick in the morning. 2) Money. It's an expensive habit. I think I saved a lot when I was quit. It felt like I had a lot more money. 3) My son would like me to stop. He's always on me about it. I don't think it's right for children to have a say in adults' lives, but he seemed so happy about me quitting the first time. 4) Attractiveness- It's not an attractive habit. I am thinking of setting my Quit Date as Monday May 1. I look forward to meeting you all. I have started cutting back this week. I am down to a pack a day, from two packs.
18 years ago 0 81 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Zany, nice to meet more 'soon to be' quitters. i like the reasons for your quit that you have posted, especially the attractiveness part :) i think so too, and in the long run, it also gives us more wrinkles sooner, yellowish stained teeth, ..what else... smelly fingers? yellowish eyeball... ( a few friends of mine actually did a comparison, that smoker have yellowish eye compare to non-smoker whose eyes are bright and white around the pupil. As for allergy, it really hits on me one day when i noticed my husband was sneezing with runny nose, eye irritation.. and i was smoking. It has never happened before. But since that day, I have witnessed it more n more often, and it always happened when i am puffing away stick after stick in front of him. the thought of having friends or family members' health at risk really wakes me up. I am not just killing myself, i am killing my love ones too if i were to continue. hence, i am going to attempt this tough war too. All the best for 1st of May. na [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fantastic Zany, I cut down a lot too ahead of my quit. I look forward to following your progress from Monday, you know where to come for advice and support if you need it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 969 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �200 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
18 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Zany, Glad to see that you have been getting aquainted before you start your quit. Alot of us start that way. Having set your quit date, I need to tell you that you will probably become more nervous as the day aproaches. That's OK. Even having second thought about if you really want to do this. When you do, just come here and read awhile. Post for help if you need it, and then read some more. Sometimes it takes a few minutes for someone to answer your post, especially when there is a lot going on. Stick to your cut down, it will help. I will be rooting for you. Cheryl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 297 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,146 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $846.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
18 years ago 0 407 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The lady above me here speaks volumnes in the fact that as Monday approaches the monster will be working on you. Hey, you are trying to kill it and it wants to live just like the rest of us. Your reasons to go ahead were all good ones in my view. Nothing however was mentioned about your health. The benefits of quitting would take us days to list...I seem to like the reason about those about us, do not deserve to die because of our second hand smoke. Your son makes a good point and I hope until Monday the pressure on you is so great that you simply cannot reconsider. Congrats' and I expect to see you here on Monday with an update. Lindsey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/10/2001 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1691 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 101,485 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16910 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 349 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$122,696.10

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8389 Hours: 13

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Zany, Welcome to our support community and thank you for sharing your reasons to quit :) Please take the time to prepare for your quit and see the difference it can make. Our online support group is outstanding and can make a difference with support and knowledge. Post often and let us know how we can help, Keep Strong, Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: