Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

New Here

18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Today was my quit day and I have been smoke free. I had been smoking for 20 years and have quit 3 times before. I know that I will be successful this time. When I craved a cig today I drank water, and thought about how good I am gonna feel.Of course any tips will be greatly appreciated.. Bani
18 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI all well I fell good this morning except I sleep wrong got a stiff neck,lol but I made it anouther day with out a cig, going to go watch my daughter track meet today so it will give me something to do.I just want to let everyone know there are time's that are hard during the day but comming back to here what you all say help's me so much,And it keep's me positive thank you all.
18 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I'm on Day 2 no-smoker.I'v had some up and down's but I'v keep strong I'v been wearing the patch this is my 3rd time tring this I decied to join so far having someone to talk to just seem's to help.I'v tried praying, But I'm doing this for my 3 kid's and my soon to be husband and to better my health.I just keep reminding myself I'v got to be strong I know there's day's to come.But I need to do it this time.
18 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kabrevor, Sounds like you've got the best reason in the world to quit - for yourself and for your family. I'm on day 72 on the patches and I've now reached the stage where I'm thinking 'Yes, there is more to life than smoking'. It may seem hard to believe in the early days, but that feeling will come to you. My advice is simple - keep busy, if you have time, spend it on a hobby/project that you enjoy. Don't dwell on whether you can quit for good, focus on today and only today. Watch your quit meter - each day is another success Good luck and all the best [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,164 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �540 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 25 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi kabrevor, congrats on getting to day 2. Stay strong and focused. You can do it!
18 years ago 0 81 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi kabrevor, i am same as you here... trying to quit cos i know its my responsibility to my family, on another hand, i know that i am doing it for myself too... i will join you soon. you take care. se you around na [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congradulations!!! You have got some GREAT reasons to quit, keep those in mind at all times. I am 3 weeks and counting. It seems that I have traded smokes for gum and "dum dum"suckers. Don't forget to take DEEP breaths of CLEAN air when you get the urge. Keep up the good work, come here often, and again, CONGRADULATIONS!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 940 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $138 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 300 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and welcome aboard! I have found this site to be so helpful...just reading alone has helped me. You have made the right decision to quit. Keep strong and keep us posted. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 866 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $195 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
  • Quit Meter

$204,430.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5159 Hours: 5

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi kabrevor, Congratulations on another smoke-free day. Just keep on posting so we will know how you are doing.. I'm also glad you're getting out to your daughter's track meet tonight. That will be good, and not smoking will make your daughter proud. And you are going to smell so good when she gives you a big hug... Kabrevor, I know that it is hard, this journey will probably be the hardest thing you have ever done... But YOU CAN DO IT!! Just keep on believing it... Each day will get better..Look forward to you post tomorrow.. Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 110 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,885 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $385 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$229,984.31

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6398 Hours: 7

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi kabrevor, Welcome to SSC, and congratulations on your decision to quit smoking. Wow, you already have 2 days under your belt, that is awesome. We are so happy to have you join us. This site is awesome and anytime you need help just post, and someone will be here. Stay strong, because as you already know with the 2 days you have this is a tuff journey but it can be done. Just keep saying I CAN DO THIS.... :) We will be watching for your next post and watching you grow day by day, and one step at a time.... Be blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,851 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $378 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$229,984.31

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6398 Hours: 7

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 18

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: