Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

may 1st is the day I am planning on giving up this addiction

18 years ago 0 107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:::waving at Birdie::: Welcome, Welcome. I think you will find the Forum and all those here to be a wonderful group of folks who are all too willing to help you when you need it. Congratulations on your decision to quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 259 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Birdie, Welcome to SSC, you have found a wonderful support family. We are so happy to welcome you into our family. Keep on posting and reading and stay strong....ALSO HANG TUFF..... I cant' thing of a better reason for quitting than yours: [quote] I WANT TO STOP POISONING MY BODY!!! [/quote] Be Blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 106 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,815 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $371 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$230,131.13

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 6

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have smoked for 32 years, started quits so many times, never making beyond 3 months, lack of will power. so on May 1st I am pulling all of the resources that are available, with the exception of any prescriptions, and over the counter gums and lozengers, because I feel that is still keeping the nicotine in my system, or switching one dependency for another. My reasons for quitting are many, but if I had to say "what is the most important reason for me quitting?" it would be " I want to stop poisoning my body"
  • Quit Meter

$26,956.35

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 710 Hours: 12

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Birdy, congratulations on your decision to quit! Lots of folks here quit by the cold turkey method and it can be done. I was cold turkey for about 24 hours, then used the gum for about 2 days, and then like you, decided I really wanted to be done with all nicotine. You said that "lack of will power" prevented you from going beyond 3 months. I would like to suggest that amazing will power got you through 3 months, but then something happened. You got tired of the quit, or you fell for the junkie lie that just one wouldn't hurt you, or whatever. So you DO have will power. And you can use it to get through this quit one day at a time. Good luck and stay close! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 496 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,902 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1736 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 68 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$55,265.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 652 Hours: 14

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 31

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Birdie :) The decision to quit smoking in itself is such a huge step in the right direction. It is important when deciding to quit, that we quit for the right reasons and that we truly feel we are ready to quit smoking. Honesty with one self is key to a successful quit. Be true to yourself and your endeavor to quit smoking and you will successfully succeed. If you have not, please take advantage of our free quit program as you access your glove compartment when logging on to our site. This program will help you through each step of the quitting process. Remember the SSC Support Team is always here to help you with your quit. Please keep us posted on your plan to quit smoking :). Melanie ____________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: