Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,771 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Cecilia_EH, MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78

72 Hours in one non smokers day

18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the responses! Believe me Cheryl I have cleaned, cleaned, cleaned - and it isn't even Spring in Australia .... hopefully by Spring here I would have learnt the art of relaxing without a cigarette. Thanks Cam
  • Quit Meter

$3,186.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 548 Hours: 12

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No one told me when I joined the non-smoking universe that there is 72 hours in one day. To-day for instance, I woke up at 6am feeling great (strange in itself), within the next two hours I have had breakfast, read the paper, ate a slice of last nights pizza, gone for a run (what is that about), walked the dog, done the washing, did the dishes, ate a slice of last nights pizza, checked email, rang three friends (why don't people answer thier phones at 7am on a Saturday?), gone to gym, ate a slice of last nights pizza. Now what to do? I have run out of pizza ..... Think I might go back into my world of brain fog, that is kinda fun ... thanks for reading my rant :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 116 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$3,186.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 548 Hours: 12

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1010 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can have my brain fog!! Take mine!! Take mine!! *grin* I know once I get past this part of the healing process, I can handle anything :) Congrats on your quit too :) WOOT! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 143 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
  • Quit Meter

$36,545.09

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 425 Hours: 17

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CG...well at the very least, you are keeping yourself busy! I don't understand the run thing though. The only time I run is if someone is chasing me!! Was the pizza good??? Keep up the good work!! [color=Red]KC[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 687 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
18 years ago 0 425 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi cg1973, Welcome to this group! It's really sound like you have had a busy morning :) Great work on 3 looooong days! Carina [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 884 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $261 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi CG1973....in all of my previous attempts to quit, I used to find the days VERY VERY LONG (like you)..it was like TOO MUCH TIME TO FILL without smoking. I also was aware of how much time I probably spent smoking to have all of a sudden notice that there was too much time on my hands.. Keep it up... I have been smoke free for awhile now and I am back to "where do all the hours of the day go..no time to do everthing".. Enjoy the 72 hour days and keep up the good work. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 287 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,758 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2009 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
18 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey CG, Eventually you will learn how to fill all those extra hours, starting with sleeping through the night. Meanwhile, use that extra energy to help with your spring cleaning. It's right on time, and it you run out of things to do, you can come start on my house. I am working out on the property for the next few weeks. Cheryl Congratulations and enjoy your life. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 292 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,009 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $832.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cg, Thanks for the good laugh! I always wondered why someone was calling that early :) Keep this energy going and keep occupied. This will distract you and help you avoid those craves. Congrats on three days! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: