Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.761 posts in 47.061 threads.

160,839 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Sinea, MANA MARIE, mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS

I am new to these discussions but smoke free since March 1

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
dianna, Welcome to the site and congratulations on becoming an ex-smoker! It is great to hear that you are ready to quit! The question is are you prepared? Please take advantage of our free Online Treatment Program in your glove compartment as you log into our site. This program will first help you determine if youre ready to quit. If youve already quit and are looking for some help, this program is for you. Although the program will first assess if youre ready to quit the exercises at the beginning of the program will help remind you of the reasons why you quit in the first place. Dont get frustrated - ex-smokers have told us that the exercises at the beginning of the program gave them confidence and helped them reaffirm their personal commitment to remain smoke free. The exercises in this program are divided into six major milestones. Think of each milestone as a destination youre trying to reach. After you complete the exercises in each milestone, your car will progress along the road map located at the bottom left-hand side of the screen. The best thing about this program is that it is free and you dont have to purchase any products to use this program. We hope that we have guided you in the right direction today! Please feel free to contact our support department in our feedback section found at the bottom of this page if you continue to have any questions or concerns. Or, please continue to join us here at our online support group! We wish you all the best and look forward to helping you achieve your goals! Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi KCChiefsGal! Just wanted to let you know that I love your name! My hubby is a great big fan of the Chiefs..... Congrats to you! 50 days ---- that is great!!! You are on your way! I love the way flowers smell too!!! I've never been able to smell that much before, but now, I really love Jasmines! I however, do not the taste of some food. Like shrimp. It has been my favorite food since a child. Shrimp cocktail. LOVE IT - or at least I used too. I was soooooo bummed out last time I ate it. I did not enjoy the taste! It made me so sad! And also some crackers, some kinds of cheese. I can't remember all of them, but I know my taste buds have changed!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,364 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $147.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have yet to post and I am smoke free as of Feb 27th and wish to thank the creators and upkeepers of this site. It is wonderful to check on milage as an internal reward - reminder of the success and the clear info- especially LIFE time gained keeps me "clean". The other thing that i visualize is the 700 and something dirty butts in the ash tray- gross! The money saved reminds me that I can treat myself to carrot juice and other healthy food luxuries ( I am growing wheat grass and plan to buy a juicer) without worry- if I spent that chunk of change on something so destructive to my body- it is time to spend the money on healing and health. Peace and Strength to all here- dianna
18 years ago 0 38 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Iwon...Yes I am in KC and yes I am a fan. I jokingly tell people that I bleed red and gold! I guess my first game this year will be my biggest challenge for not smoking. I do not ever drink except for the Chiefs home opener. But I have plenty of time to be prepared so I will have no excuses to pick one up again!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 661 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
Hi Iwin! Yes, you are correct, the Chiefs did win the Superbowl for the 69 Season. I was only 12...too young to remember a lot. I hope they go again while I am young enough to remember!! So if you went to school with the Strams you must be (or were) in KC. Are you a fan? I come every couple of days and read so many posts but didn't post for the 1st time until today. For me, quitting this time was not so bad. I expected it to be much worse...This time I was prepared! I got rid of the cigarettes, the ash trays, I told everyone I know I was quitting so they could help to hold me accountable, and I found this web site! This time I know I am done!! There is so much support, and here you know you are not in this alone! There are a lot of people who are going through the same thing!! I have told my smoking friends about this site so that when they are ready to quit, they can get prepared to!! [color=Red]Chiefs Gal[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
Absolutley! Ant the fresh air feels so good when I breathe it in deep! Also, I love the way spring flowers smell and how food tastes!! I can actually smell the lilac bushes when I am in the yard, I no longer have to stick my nose right up to the flowers! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 656 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Hi 4My2Girls! (I can't think of a better reason to quit!!) I have been a Chiefs fan for more than 30 years so I share the heartache your hubby must feel every December!! But I am so loyal to my Chiefs!! Yes, I agree with you on somethings don't taste like they used to and it bums me out! And unfortunatley, some things taste better than they used to and I just keep eating them! Yogurt...It has taken on a whole new meaning in my life!!! Today I start walking to try to help eleminate the 7 or 8 pounds I have put on. The first 3 weeks, I snacked on EVERYTHING!! I love seeing all of these non smokers supporting each other!! Keep up the good work!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 656 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
I am new to the discussions here but have been a non smoker since March 1st. I have been reading so many of the posts (even though I wasn't adding any of my own) and I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who supports someone through the withdrawls and whatever needs they may be having today and every day! Your words of encouragement, even though they were not directed to me personally, have been life savers! I have made it a month and a half (after 36 years) and now I know, I am DONE! Every once in a while my mind plays tricks on me and makes me feel like I need a smoke, but I don't. I need to live so I am commited!! Again, Thank you to everyone!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 655 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
KCChiefsGal, Yes I am a Kansas City Girl. I am not really a sports fan though. I was 13 when they won the superbowl. Are you from KC or do you just like the Chiefs? You sound just like me. I can't explain why but this time something just clicked and I was able to quit. Some days are hard for me too, but I just have it in my head that I am not going to smoke. The last two days I have not had any craves at all. It is really an exciting feeling to have won finally. Iwin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,976 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $392 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's funny. You are really a fan. That's great. If that is the only time you drink I don't think that will be a trigger for you. I don't drink but once or twice a year either, so I never think about smoking when I drink. With your postive attitude you will be fine. Iwin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,978 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $392 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25

Reading this thread: