Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Day One

18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All I'm Bichymom, I have decided that 04/15/06 is my quit date. I have cut back on my smoking from 1-1 1/2 packs a day to 6 cigarettes a day in the past 3 months. I am now ready to quit for good. I am planning on doing this cold turkey. I know I will need a lot of support and I will be on this site a lot to kick this habit. I went to school to be an alchol and drug counselor and know that cigarettes are one of the hardest drugs to quit, but I know with everyone's help, I CAN DO IT!!!!!
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on your success thus far! You can do this and we are here to help! I am on day 2 and so far so good. I have recieved some great support here and it has really helped. I'll be your support if ya need...lord knows we all need it now and again! Hang in !~
18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bichymom! Welcome!! CONGRATS ON YOUR CHOICE TO QUIT!!!! I was doing almost the same thing you did, got down from 1 pack to 1/2 then from 1/2 to 1/4 and boom enough was enough I WAS DONE. So I am just going into day 8 now and it is not as hard as I thought it would be, I must say, but that is mainly due to this wonderful place. I have also gone cold turkey. So, WOOOHOOO!!! That is not an easy thing to do. Hmm, not much in life is very easy is it? Even for me, remembering to breath properly is not easy!! But I am learning. There are countless wonderful people here to encourage and support your smoke-free journey anytime you need it so hang out here as much as possible and you will do great! Many Blessings, Eve :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 58 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $21 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome bmom, You have found a great place to be to start your quit. I didn't find this site till I was quit for 1 week. I also quit cold turkey but didn't cut back in preparation. The more I thought the more I smoked so I just jumped in with both feet and its been a ride ever since. The first 3 days I slept ALOT. I still do, when im feeling stressed or just have that "can't deal" feeling I just go take a nap. Tell the hubby he's in charge of the kids and I take the time I need to pull myself back together. Everyone is great here. Post offen and let us know how your doing. Good or bad we are all here for you. Smoke Free in Albuquerque Alley [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 99 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm all for cold turkey. like ripping the band aid off. You've already proven you can do this by cutting down so much. Congrats, and welcome to the x-smokers club. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 156 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
  • Quit Meter

$50,423.97

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6253 Hours: 3

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bichymom, Congratulations! I too did cold turkey and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I'm still new in my quit. I love to take long deep breaths of clean air. This is a great site for reading and support. Welcome :). Trudy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 583 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $74.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi BMom- I just wanted to welcome you. How are you doing so far? I know everyone is different, but the keys to my personal success so far have been drinking tons of water, and then more, coming to this site - sometimes all day. I read and post. It brightens my day and I have had many laughs. I also always eat hard candies. They are near me at all times. I go on walks. For the first 3 days, I slept a lot. And lastly, I reward myself all of the time. :) Fight each craving at a time. Take one minute at a time. Remember to breathe and stay calm. You can do it! Stay strong and fight! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,245 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $134.07 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there and a big welcome, it certainly can be done and there are lots of peeps here that are proof. This site is a great help so keep close, ead the various posts and ask for help or advice if you need any. Just take it a day or hour at a time and keep a positive outlook at all times. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 819 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �170 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
18 years ago 0 519 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bichymom. Do you have a Bichon that gave you your name? I'm Arwen's Mom. Arwen is my poodle puppy. She finds whatever cigarettes she can lying around the breaks them up into little pieces. She doesn't eat them. She looks me right in the eye, raises her right paw and breaks them, picks up a somewhat big piece and deliberatly breaks it too. Then when they are all broken, she dances around like she did something wonderful. She did.
18 years ago 0 214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bichymom, Yes you can do it. I quit using the patches and my husband quit cold turkey. We both smoked for 30 years. Some days are hard, but if your mind is in the "right" place and you tell yourself that smoking is not an option, you will be successful. Iwin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,891 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $376 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2

Reading this thread: