Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,520 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Great Day Thanks to YOU

18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Alley!! Congrats on your quit-whoa 20yrs! BLESS YOUR HEART!! I did smoke awhile myself then quit for 4 yrs then started again now I am quit 3 days in. I can really relate to the work and the weekend thing--this weekend totally sucked, I kept my chin up though and did whatever i could to stay focussed on this forum and snack on wheat thins (actually truth be told anything in sight LOL) and hang on with bated breath for the next moment to pass. I have found that being at work today has totally made a difference. I usually never smoked at wor either, sometimes if it was a stressful day I would go out for 1 or 2 during the day, but I had not felt that "need" for awhile now and had basically stopped when at work. It is the nights and the weekends. More so the weekends!!! And it is so funny how everyone looks forward to their weekend and we are not LOL. Oh well, THIS TOO SHALL PASS. I just wanted to say hello and congrats and tell you that you are not alone in how you feel on the work and weekend thing. I am also an emotional wreck at night. I have to cry before I go to sleep. I am hoping tonight does not hit as hard as last night. Well I'm off. Have a GREAT night without a cloud of smoke anywhere in sight! :) MANY BLESSINGS!! Eve :)
18 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Today is a much better day for me so since I'm in a better state of mind I thought I would properly introduce myself. I was a smoker for 20 plus years. I quit one time in the past but it didn't last long but I didn't want to quit at that time either. When I quit 10 days ago cold turkey I was ready. I grew up with smoking parents and I hated it and I didn't want my daughter to have a smoking mom. I am also considering having 1 more baby and I really didn't want to smoke while I was pregnant this time. My daughter came 5 weeks early and we don't have a reason for her being a premature baby but I'm sure the smoking was a part of it. The last 9 days have been a roller coaster. I have some great days like today where I don't even remember why I liked being a smoker, then I have days like yesterday that all I do is cry and and have uncontrollable feelings. After spending the last couple of days reading here, I have found that everything that's happening is all normal and that I have it better than some and worse than others. You all have given me the strength to know that I can do this and that the days to come will only get better with less and less bumps in the road. Thanks for all the encouraging words yesterday. Alley [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 119 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everyone for all the continued support. My days are getting much better. I still feel a little on edge at time but I feel that I am in control of them. Its monday and im back at work so it makes my day go by faster and easier since I never smoked at work anyway. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are my hard days and I made it threw another weekend. Im almost to 2 weeks and im very proud of my quit. Alley [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 142 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
18 years ago 0 99 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alley- You'll have my support either way. You are doing wonderful so far. A real inspiration to those of us behind you. You know if you smoke your daughter will probably be a smoker also. Besides, second hand smoke (no matter how you keep it away from them, there will be a time when you don't) kills. Congrats!
  • Quit Meter

$50,407.32

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6251 Hours: 3

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 38

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alley, What wonderful news, just remember what this day feels like when the old nicodemon comes knocking again. And remember your deep breathing it really helps. Drink plenty of water to flush all those chemicals out of your system. Hold on tight to you quit and remember you are in control.... :) SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 91 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,563 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $318.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$229,898.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6395 Hours: 21

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Alley, Just checking in with you hope your days are getting better. Has the roller coaster slowed down? It's a bumpy road, but soon it will start to feel like a super highway with you in control. Hold on tight to thoses 11 days (I think). Blessings sent your way, Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,594 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $325.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
  • Quit Meter

$229,898.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Alley, Really good to hear from you and to hear that your days are getting better. It really does help when you have something to do. Those idle moments are just when the nicodemon likes to play with your mind. Congratulations I am very proud of you!!!! :) Keep up the good work and remember we are all here for you. Blessings sent your way, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,595 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $325.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$229,898.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Alley, I am so glad that you are doing so well and yes it does help to know that all you are going through is the same as the rest of us. Just stick at it, no matter how hard it gets. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 751 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �155 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello AlleyAnn ... One thing that I am finding to be SOOOO helpful to my quit is ACCEPTANCE. I accept that this is one of the hardest things I have EVER done and I accept that I will not be comfortable doing it. It is a very messy business. Emotionally, physically, spiritually and mentally! And if I can accept that and move ahead anyways ... one day at a time, I will be OK. All the best Colleen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/20/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,210 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $564 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$59,035.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6642 Hours: 22

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 407 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, tie a knot in your smoking rope and hold on tight right now. It if you moving forward cold turkey and not warm chicken, you had best perfect some coping tools for your working bag of aids. They could include...but not limited to, straws, deep breathing, sugar free candy, long walks, nice warm baths, meditation, and ofcourse prayer. Learn all you can about that horrid thing you and I were doing to these otherwise beautiful bodies. On the left of this page is the working tools that complete the bag I spoke about. Failure to read all about the help, dangers of smoking, and not taking the 6 mile journey would be foolhearty on your part. Do not expect support from others until you have properly prepared and have strong resolve yourself. You can do this...I just know it. Lindsey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/10/2001 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1672 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 100,343 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16720 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 345 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$122,612.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8383 Hours: 21

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: