Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,673 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Day 1 again

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shmoopie, Congratulations on your quit. It certainly sounds like you are headed in the right direction to a successful quit. Keep up the great work. Melanie __________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 85 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrautions Shmoopie. It sounds like you're ready for the journey ahead... Hears to healing! Jackey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/22/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $438.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$215,816.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7820 Hours: 21

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for your posts, everyone. Now that I've been introduced, am I supposed to start posting in another forum? I think I will...but thanks again to all of you. I'm having a rotten day, as it turns out. I'm reading all my papers that I made for this, and telling myself "N.O.P.E." over and over in my head. It's just a typical day one and I'm just waiting for it to pass. Talk to yall in the other forums!
18 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I quit today. I stocked up on hard candy, as that seems to REALLY help me. I stocked up on water to flush out my system. I have written notes to myself, printed out a list of quotes from this very board that I find motivate me, and even printed a list of questions to ask myself if I start to get the urge. I've got nothing to do but lay around all day. I've got people to call, though, if needed. I've got movies to watch to keep me distracted. This house could even use a little cleaning if I feel the need lol. All things that help me. So I'm ready for this day to get really really bad lol. Did anyone else experience the dizziness/drunk feeling on day one? I know a lot of people become irritable and anxious...but I don't. I get dizzy, I stumble, I get sleepy, and I zone. It's very strange. I think I read that it's the carbon monoxide leaving the body? That's good news anyway. Anyway, I believe I'll be posting here a lot over the next few days at least. I'll certainly be doing lots of reading, that's for sure. I love reading the things you all say to those who are struggling. It's very inspirational to me. When I did that little quiz in the program here to see how dependant I am, I scored a 10. It only makes me want to fight that much harder to quit this thing. It's just another thing to remind myself of when it gets rough. Anyway, let the dizziness begin lol! Getting through day one is the hardest for me, but seems to be the most rewarding. Once I know I've made it a day, I feel a lot stronger, personally. So here we go. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Shoopmie, There is always some one here reading and answering post's. Also on the Instant Mess. Good luck to you... It's tough but the rewards are priceless! Take care, Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 855 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $162 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shmoopie! I am sure glad you came here! You sound like you are on the right track! I felt very spacey. I still do a little. But the first 2-3 weeks, I was not all "there". And yes, dizziness was part of that. It is normal. Part of the healing process. Hang in there. I can't say how long it will last because I still have it, but it's not that bad anymore. Either that or I am used to it now!LOL Stay strong! Come here often. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 943 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $101.37 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Shmoopie and welcome - Alot of wisdom here for you. Just hold on to and protect your Quit with everything you have, dear one. That's what has really gotten me through. Post and let us know how we can support you. Blessings to you- Healer :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,126 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shmoopie, welcome. You have done something sooo wonderful for yourself. It is a hard journey at times, but the rewards are endless. Come here whenever you need to, there are lots of great people here. We are all here for each other. Keep strong, [color=Red]redrosie[/color] :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,287 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $788.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smoopie, Just hang in there... the first few days are rough, but you're doing a great job! It sounds like you're prepared and ready, and that's really great! Just remember... you are one day/hour/minute/second closer to never feeling this way again. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 159 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,996 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $656.67 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on a great decision and welcome to the rest of your life. Sounds like you have some good plans in motion for your quit and thats good. Read and post here all you can, the support is awesome. Watching TV and cleaning are both good ideas, anything to keep you busy. I used a walkman and listened to music, the music in my ears seemed to soothe me. But whatever method you use just dont smoke. Its not easy but its worth it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 349 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,733 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2617.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22

Reading this thread: