Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Goal in mind

18 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you all so much, what I'm missing the most now, is friendships. I have a Bipolar mother and brother, and my father is a workaholic. So I think it is going to be great to meet people, who are/have going threw what I am going to be going threw. I look forward to quiting and maybe making some friends on the way. I just want to say that it means so much to me to have support, so thank you for taking your time to message me, it really makes today a great day, God bless. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Alexa, I've been given the the SR kind.(at least that's what I think it said). I'm going to start it on Saturday. I want to make sure it doesn't make me tired, when you first started did it make you tired? I know everyone is different but I'm curious. I think it's great that you stopped before you quite date. Good luck!
Hello, everyone.I'm going to put it out there, I'm a smoker, have been since I was 15, I'm 24 now. I went to the doctor last week for my flu, and when I was in there I told him I wanted to quit my bad habit of smoking. He has given me a prescription for Wellbutrin. I've seen a few posts on this drug. Just wondering, if it has really helped anyone. I'm scared, but I'm also going into this, knowing,I will do it.I will quit. I look forward to telling you all amout my time. I have set a date of the 28th of March, that's when I find out if I'm having another neice or nephew(my sister-in-law is pregnet).I hope to quite smoking, lose these extra pounds and maybe here soon, my husband and I can have children of our own. I've read some very promising posts on this board. I wish everyone luck on there goals, and many blessings. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Me, No it did not make me tired. I just did not want to smoke anymore. And for me who smoked for 40+ years it was really strange feeling. It felt like right before I quit I HAD to smoke not because I wanted to but because those will be my last cigarettes I will ever smoke. You know, like before you board airplane you MUST smoke because you won't be able to do it for a couple of hours. For me Wellbutrin was a savor. Alexa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 123 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
Shevie, I stopped because I had problems with sleeping. I see absolutely no difference in my cravings with or without Wellbutrin. I also took only 150 mg. I decided that if I will not be able to handle cravings, I can always go back to Wellbutrin. I almost took it today, but did not. Alexa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 116 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
I used Wellbutrin and I know that I would not quit without it. I started taking it March 3rd with quit date March 13th, but I quit March 10th, 3 days before my quit day. As soon as I started Wellbutrin I cut smoking from 12 to 3 a day until I stopped completely. And I smoked for 40+ years. I stopped taking Wellbutrin 3 days ago. I have my good days and my bad days, like yesterday I did not think about smoking once and today I am ready to kill for cigarette. Alexa [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 116 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello A-nu-me!! I just wanted to say that you have a wonderful goal in mind, and with that, you will win. When your quit date arrives, please keep thinking of your goals. Have a definate plan to reach them, and then take on the I can do it attitude! Get through one craving at a time. Never think beyond that. Just remember, it all will pass and ease with time. But it seems you have that on your side! Good luck, and keep us posted on your thoughts and progress!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 333 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on making a great decision to stop smoking.Keep your goal in mind and hpoefully you will be blessed.
18 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ME! ME! I used the welbutrin, and it was almost the easiest thing that I have ever done. I smoked for alsost 40 years a pack a day. I have tried to quit before and never got beyond the third week. Most only lasted a day or two. I started taking the med 2 weeks before my quit. Once a day for the first week, then twice a day. At the end of the 2nd week I just smoked my last cig and went to bed. ( I had been cutting down for the last 10days or so). I can't say that it has all been down hill, but the trip was not anywhere near as bad as I remember it being. Alot of it is your attitude, your commitment. And when you get ready to come off the medication after a couple months, remember that you need to taper it off as well. Good Luck, come aboard and start your journey, you will love it. It feels so great from this side. Cheryl [font=georgia][size=4][color=navy]No Joking, I'm Still Not Smoking![/font][/size][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/4/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 259 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,235 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $738.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, A-nu-me. Welcome to the SSC. I used Wellbutrin XL for the first month of my quit and I think it helped. This has been my only real quit, so I don't have any other experience to compare it to. I strongly suggest you work through this site's Online Quit Program shown to the left of the screen. There's a ton of information and tips there to help you through your quit. Breaking this nicotine addiction isn't easy, but it can be done with the right attitude, determination, and committment. So read much, post often, and learn as much as you can. When the day comes stay close, let us know how you're doing and how we can help. You've made a great decision for your life and those around you, A-nu-me. Glad you've joined us. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 302 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,049 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1147.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 56 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34

Reading this thread: