Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

i need help

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
love, Stay strong, make good use of your coping mechanisms. Surround yourself with positive people who will bring you 'up' rather than 'down'. Take Care, Melanie ______________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your situation is a bummer... I'm blessed to have a supportive wife. She is still smoking but not in front of me. She tries to mask the smell by chewing gum. Bless her heart. I would try to turn the negative into a positive. Tell yourself that you can stop smoking and will stop smoking & will prove it to your husband that you can do it. I'm sure it won't be easy, but focus on the reasons why you want to quit in the first place. Ron
18 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Love, Sorry things have been so tuff on the home front. I don't know if your husband smokes also. If he does, It may be his own guilt at work and also he may be feeling sad and angry to be losing his smoking partner. Tell him that you understand and better to lose a smoking partner now. Then a wife for life. Keep up the fight you can do it SFR [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 153 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34.23 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 506 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think you should be grateful for your husband. If someone said that to me, it would make my resolve even greater to show them up. Maybe he really is a jerk. But maybe this is his way to get you to quit. It's a guy thing- y'know the coach telling his team what a bunch of losers they are to get them pissed enough to win. Or, maybe he really is just a jerk.
18 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
oh god, I dont even know how to begin!!! my husband is such a negitive person, we got into this massive agruement ( trigger for a cig) and i told him i didnt need this right now, meaning lets not fight so i dont start climbing the walls for a smoke!! well then he proceeds to tell me that i CAN'T quit, i dont have the willpower, and that it would be a cold day in hell if i did. so basically he is so unsupportive that i start to see red, then i want a smoke so bad i can actually start to smell one!! (so far i havent had a smoke) I have been fighting it all day!! I hate how rude and crude he can be. i have tried quiting smoking in the past (3 times) and he has feed me the same crappy support each time and i let him win. i need support not some jerk!!!! HELP!!!! :mad: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 122 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ps my husband quit smoking about 4 years ago, but now he chews!!
18 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Love, Make this about you and not him. Don't let him have control over this. LOL. Ask him to pray for you! Maybe then he will stop and think what he is doing. Remember this is about you, for you and its only you. Any YOU deserve to quit! M [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 259 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
18 years ago 0 48 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep your chin up.You are doing great.Take NO notice of your hubby .You have proved that you can cope with a stressful set up and not caved in you should be be very proud of yourself.Go get 'em. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 364 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
18 years ago 0 425 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I totally understand how you feel. A fight wiht your spouse is a huge trigger and I am very proud that you hanging in there. When you have an argument with your spouse, just walk away, take deep breaths and calm yourself down. It's sad that he doesn't support your quitt, is he a smoker? In the past when I have tried to quitt and I had a fight with my spouse, he always claimed my "mood" was because I tried to quitt. It made me so mad and trigged the urged to smoke so bad. You are doing so good on your 4th day - don't let your husband spoiled if for you. Be strong for yourself, you have mad a very good decision to quitt smoking. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 323 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $94.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear love76 - Please look at your husband with all the love you can muster and tell him "I am not going to allow you to speak to me like that anymore" - then get up and go to another room to cool off - take a break, a walk outside, or play with your pet - just remove yourself from the situation until things are calmer. JUST DON'T SMOKE. You are doing great! If you need support outside of this site - tell your best friend what you are doing and ask for support, hugs and just plain love. You can do this, you are a strong woman! We are here for you. Post often and don't hesitate to cry out for help. Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 91 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$1,703,062.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5860 Hours: 2

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: