Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,622 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Relapsed

18 years ago 0 299 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the replys all. I just threw my ciggs away in the dumpster this time and broke me. I had 3 ciggs today. I don't want any more. I can quit. I did it before. Besides, I really want to get to a gym and get in shape. That way I can start meeting some hotties :) Im only 31 :) I have to think positive and do this NOW :)
  • Quit Meter

$16,494.69

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 906 Hours: 15

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I had quit smoking for over a year. Then problems in my marraige got worse and i started smoking. Just recently I had to send papers to my wife so she can sign them because she wants a divorce. I have been smoking for 4 months and I know I need to quit. I failed after a year last time. I hope that I can make it forever this time. I know how hard it is. I sometimes have trouble finding time to come on here. But I quit the first time by coming on here. However I also drank. I do not drink alcohol anymore and I don't want to smoke cigarettes anymore either. So this is going to be a tough battle, but I want to start going to the gym to work out. So we shall see.
  • Quit Meter

$16,494.69

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks again for all of your support. I am trying to take it one step at a time. At first when you quit you keep thinking "Well It hasn't been that long since I quit so I can smoke then quit again" but it doesn't work that way because you never stop if you think that. It is hard to get out of that frame of mind.
  • Quit Meter

$16,494.69

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, if you quit for a year it just shows that you can do it. Going to a gym is a good idea, I have found it helps me by controlling weight and having somewhere to go when the craves start. Using the tools here and logging when you are able is a big help, even if you cannot get on-line keep a printed version of quitting tips etc. so that you can refer to them when you need to. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 356 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �72.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back, jerlasvegas. You can do this again..... FOR GOOD! Me and all the other hotties will be here to help if you need us. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] (And we're hot without the flaming paper tubes hanging from our mouths)lol. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,592 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $547.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
18 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel for you... 4 years ago I lost a 7 year quit over my divorce. I learned something from that experience and I hope you do to. My divorce was the single most painful experience of my life. I failed to overcome my lonelyness and started smoking again. I'm quit 143 days now and here is my lesson... Smoking only makes life worse!! Period!! It won't fix our your marriage, bring a loved one back to life, get you a big promotion, nothing,I repeat, nothing is fixed with smoke!! You are learning that fact now. Don't beat yourself up.. just get back on the wagon and learn from your mistake. One day at a time with the rest of us. Here is how I deal with the forever issue... I made the following promise to myself... No matter what happens in my life, before I choose to start smoking again, I will come on this site and explain my situation in a post. If I still want to smoke after that then so be it. I'm counting on the impulse being over by then and when I read what I wrote I'll be able to see it for what it is... just junky thinking. I hope this helps you... we are all here for you when you need us. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 143 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,033 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $500.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
18 years ago 0 453 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I read that 31 is the new "21"! You go, boy! You're gonna do just fine. Just remember: You don't smoke. You're not deprived or "trying" or quitting. You just don't smoke. Sounds like you have the right idea about focusing on fitness & health. That's the best replacement for any habit. And, besides, the "Hotties" prefer the guys that don't smoke. That's you, dude. Your awesome. Post often and keep us up on your great new life! Cold Turkeys love non-smokers. Mc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 189 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $756 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
18 years ago 0 453 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're right, and I was in just that frame for almost a month when I first began my quit-odyssey. Cutting down was not working for me. I finally figured out that each time I "slipped" I was starting the quit all over again. I realized that in order to advance past the starting line, I would have to not smoke. It sounds unbelievable simple now but at the time it was quite a revelation for me. Now, every once in a while, I think about smoking. In some rare situations I actually hear myself say in my head, "I wish I still smoked." But it's very seldom, and even then I know it's like wishing I could fly like a bird: It'll never happen. In most cases though, when the thought of smoking comes up, I'm usually reminding myself that 6 months ago, in this same situation, I would have smoked. I would instantly remember how unpleasant it would feel/smell/taste and thank God I don't have to do that anymore! Jer- You'll get there. Hang tough. Keep busy. Repeat in your head, (or out loud if you want,) I DON'T SMOKE. I DON'T SMOKE. Even if you don't believe it at first. You will. Mc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 190 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,855 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $760 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 296 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jerlasvegas...I remember you too. I'm not gonna lie ...I'm sorry to see that you've relapsed. But, nothings lost here. You've tasted "freedom" and you can taste it again. If you want it bad enough...you can have it. Stay close to the site Wishing you all the very best :) Rachel Two years, six days, 23 hours, 49 minutes and 59 seconds. 14759 cigarettes not smoked, saving �3,320.97. Life saved: 7 weeks, 2 days, 5 hours, 55 minutes.
  • Quit Meter

$17,563.72

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 791 Hours: 16

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jrlasvegas...I remember you..... I want to see you begin thinking more positive....you KNOW that quitting is possible. instead of thinking how hard it is...think of all the wonderful advantages of being smoke free. there are NO good things about smoking. Nothing positive...only negative. Make quitting a "choice". Don't look at it as a 'sentence' that will cripple and nag at you forever....just make the "choice" day by day or even hour by hour to not make cigarettes available to yourself. As to "failing"??? No one fails as long as they see the truth and keep trying to find the way to it. You may be smoking again, but no one can take away that year that you 'didn't' smoke! keep that in mind. You were there...and you can go there again. I hope to see you in here soon announcing that you have began. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1523 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 60,945 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8376.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 198 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$158,991.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5344 Hours: 8

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: