Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

18 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
maybe I wasn't quite clear. I am trying to quit smoking which means I am currently smoking now. However, it is only halfs at a time and not as many during the day. Is what brought me to this decision is having pnemonia(sp?) it burns deep in my lungs and I cough till I puke and still hardly anything is coming up. smoking isn't making it any better either. being new on this board I have looked at alot of the reading material which is very good info. I am still trying to figure out how to make it all work, so please bear with me. thanx for all the responses, it is so very encourageing!!!!
[font=Comic Sans MS]Text[/font][color=Pink]Text[/color] i have checked out the tools and even downloaded a couple but i don't know where they loaded to .like i said i am new and not the brightest bird on the block . gee i don't know if i am going through menopause or just sweating over the thought of quitting (yuk!)
my quit date is april 17th this yr. it is my youngest sons B.D.
i am craving a smoke so bad i have only gone for 3 hrs. i know it isnt going to happen today, but the methods i have is to pace myself to see how long i can go between each smoke. this is the longest so far. i down loaded the stuff i was told to but dont know where it loads to i guess i will catch on to this , hopefully sooner than later. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
it makes it easyer because its cold here and i smoke out side, we are adopting our 10 yr.old nephew and dont smoke in the house. i also dont smoke in my truck because it makes it stink. maybe tonite i will try to eliminate the 10pm smoke before bed and see how i do. husband just got home and we smoked ( yes i smoked a full this time ) and boy am i regretting it now. i learned how to spell the word i couldnt before pneumonia that is why i am desiding to quit. keep giving me the support it is really helping ( believe that or not) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
hello everyone, I am a new member trying to quit smoking and am going to need all the help I can get [font=Comic Sans MS]Text[/font][color=Blue]Text[/color] where do I go from here?
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi els1963 Welcome. Rusty has some great advice. You also can pick your quit date and become prepared to handle the rough road ahead. See my quit meter? I smoked a pack a day for 23 years and look at me now. Really that saying "if I can do it so can you" fits all of us on this site. All of us thought we couldn't do it at one time or other. You CAN do this. Post and read here often. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,573 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $539.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
Hi again els1963. We realize you are still smoking, but our advice for you is pick a quit date. Say it is the 10th. From now until then prepare yourself. This could mean a trip to the Doctors to see if an NRT or cold turkey is the way for you to go. Also you need to put things in place to help you cope with the bad craves. You'll need lots of healthy snack food, maybe straws to chew, mints or lollipops. Make sure you have lots of activities planned as well. I know my first 2 weeks I painted and cleaned everything in the house. Whatever you think will keep your mind off your craves. Also read, read, read. The smarter you are about this the better you will do. Let us know when you pick your date. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $539.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
There ya go. You have now completed the first step. That's great. Have you checked out the tools yet. They really are great. I know when I decided to quit for New Years' it was around Dec. 18th or so. I found this site around then and used the tools and read lots of posts until Jan. 1st. When the day actually arrived I was so much better informed and ready then I had been for my other "quits". Stick around daily and let us know your thoughts and fears. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $539.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
That's good that you are trying to go longer between smokes. That is one of the things that is recommended to try before your quit date. Maybe after a few days you can try to eliminate a cig. here or there. Try one that isn't as important as others, like an after meal one, one in the car or the one before bed. I also think after a few more days posting and feeling comfortable with this site and the people you may just want to push your quit date up a little sooner..... Maybe... I'm just sayin'. lol. Whatever you want. YOU have to be ready. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,577 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $539.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31

Reading this thread: