Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

An Ultimatum

18 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i guess she is really helping you, but more important you have to want it, i know same old story but you really do. You have to quite for yourself first. are you using anything to help you quit? the patch really works well you might want to give it a try. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 849 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
18 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW Lady, Right On!!!!! Kaiser [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,580 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $640 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
Neek: Just the opposite!!!!! We knowm you can do it but only if YOU want to. Kaiser
Neek: Sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time right now in your quit. Every one here understands your fustration and anger as we have all been through it. try to channel that anger at the addiction that got you here. By all means come here and vent. If it keeps you from picking up a cigarette then it is worth it. Kaiser [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,582 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $640 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Neek.. I have a strange opinion. I think that quitting for your fiance is a great thing to do. You are obviously young and the health effects of smoking really don't sink in for you. They meant nothing to me when I was young. As a woman in this day and age, and this may sound hypocritical, I wouldn't marry a smoker. Not because I want my way.. but for his good, my good and the good of our future children. It is fact that smoking will effect your future health. It is your fiance's future as well as yours and she SHOULD have a major say in it. It may be harder for you to quit because it is not your idea to quit. But, how about it... how about making it your idea. Believe us when we say.. it is the worse thing you could do to go back to smoking.. I know you have quit.. keep plunging forward.. quit trying to go back.. put that in your mind.. you cannot go back. You are to be commended for caring about your fiance's feelings. Hang Tuff !! MAKE it your quit.. no excuses.. you can do it !! Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 839 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $115.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
18 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
While I'm not an frequent poster, I do cruise through quite a bit to keep on track here and just know I'm not alone. This quit was, on the surface, for my Mom and Dad. My Dad had just endured 5 1/2 hours of lung surgery and 14 days in the hospital. I told my Mom that she just HAD to quit, or Dad would go back to smoking, so I quit with my Mom, to support her and my Dad. My Mom, a 50 year smoker, is still not smoking, nor am I, but my DAD is, go figure. In other words, I didn't quit for ME either, and I think it's ok if it's a good enough reason, and I think your caring about another person is a good reason isn't it? Now that I've gone through a few days, this quit is for me. I feel better and I'm very proud. I think you'll get there too if you just hang in there. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 786 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $215 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 92 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Everyone has their tricks for staying quit. I still drink coffee, I even go outside with the smokers at work. I am strong enough to refuse them, to stop the urge, to not give in. It's true that I've failed in the past, I think all of us have. My strategy is simple. Don't smoke. I'm trying to redefine who I am. Smoking was such a huge part of my life that it is VERY difficult sometimes to resist the urges. But I have and I will. I saw my girlfriend for lunch today. She is the bright light through this hell of quitting smoking. Would I smoke if she wasn't in my life? You bet I would. Does seeing her, and being with her out weigh the urge to smoke. YES. I took her for granted in the past, but the thought of not having her in my life is enough of an insentive to never light up again.
All you beachers think you're so high and mighty. You think that your way is the ONLY way. Why don't you read the website. It says "support group". Don't pass your judgements on my reason for quitting. My reason might be that I think that people that don't smoke are cooler than people that do. Or perhaps I feel that cigarettes are a waste of paper, and I want to save the rainforest. Whatever it is, I am not smoking. Why I quit is not the real issue here. STAYING quit is. So don't tell me that I might as well just give up and talk to my girlfriend, dissapoint her again, and try to see if she'll let me smoke for a while so I can "find a reason to quit". I already have quit, you people just can't realize it.
Butterfly, I don't think that anyone made a mistake. You all are talking from experience. I respect that, I just didn't expect to be ganged up on. And this qoute: "But you were saying that you're having a hard time, and I think what each of us is saying is that you may be having a hard time because you don't WANT to quit. Can you see how that might be a possibility?" I have one rebuttal. I [b]am[/b] having a hard time. If I wasn't I would imagine that something was wrong. If quitting was easy this site wouldn't exist. I may be having a hard time because I am quitting. Not because I don't want to quit. If I didn't want to quit, why would I put myself through this? Why would I be here? Why on God's good green earth would I even try? Do you see how that might be a possibility? Quitting is hard (period).
Well I'm glad that everyone is on the same page now. I just hope that we all realize that regardless of our reasons for quitting, it is the urge and desire to quit that keeps us going. I would say that we all learned something today. There ARE things that work and that are proven to work, but at the end of the day it's mind over matter, plan and simple. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 179 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: