Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

This time ime gonna do it

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bambi, Many people who quit will admit that the reason they never quit before was because of a fear of failure. Why go through withdrawal if it may not work, they wondered? They did not know about the Journey to our Online Quit Program or the wonderful support they could get here. When some people prepare to quit, they consciously try to cut down. One such person wrote to me that in order to be able to do that, she kept her cigarettes outside. For her, smoking had been automatic, and all other attempts to cut down had failed. She wanted to start developing coping methods before the big day came. Another person wrote that he put away his pack, only taking out a certain amount for the morning. He did the same for the afternoon and the same for the evening. This allowed him to discover the time of day when his strongest urges hit. Then he would work on dealing with that time of day. Cutting out a few favorites each day is another way to cut down, such as the ones on the ride home from work, or the first one in the morning. There are other ways of cutting down, and I hope the members will share how they did it. Take Care, Melanie _____________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bambi you may want to try the patch it really does work i had myself so scared if i smoked while it was on i would have a heart attack i was afraid to smoke ( done know if it is true) i am on day 35 down to the middle patch and it does help i still have the occaisional urge but if you wait it does pass. and i work were everyone smokes at their desk, you can do it! after the first couple days you will see how bad the people who smoke around you smell.
18 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Bambi- My quit starts in a few minutes. It isn't the first time. I quit a few years ago and then started back. If you want to talk, during the challenging times, let me know. I am happy to help and Lord knows, I can use the help myself. Good luck to you- Kelli
  • Quit Meter

$73,822.13

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6525 Hours: 20

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Marie- You too, how are you doing today? Kelli
  • Quit Meter

$73,822.13

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Bambi, CatinDublin- How are you doing today? I am having a bit of a tough time. I feel like screaming (not doing this) and crying (am doing this :gasp:) Oh well, tough day, how about you guys?
  • Quit Meter

$73,822.13

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Bambi! I had great plans myself to quit last friday...... i got up around 10am stressed out, knowing it was my big day....around 2pm on my way to work i got a packet of cigarettes .... I ended up smoking 5 during that day, when i normally smoke at least 20 a day. So I then decided to smoke 5 a day to understand my smoking better. So i had the last five of the pack today..... am off the cigs tomorrow for good. The feelings you're describing seem to be the same for me....maybe we could try to help each other? Right now I've no cigarettes left anywhere, lots of orange juice in the fridge, sweets in the cupboard..... Let's do it! Catindub =^.^= [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$79,500.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4955 Hours: 23

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi Bambi! So far so good. Didn't go near a cigarette or even got tempted. Good to see that you're doing well so far too! One day at a time , we can do it! It's 13.30pm here and am heading for work at 15.00pm, that's when it's gonna be tougher but i'm determined to stay off the fags, the fight is defo worth winning! Talk to you soon Bambi, I'll check back on you tonight :) Catindublin =^.^= [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$79,500.75

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4955 Hours: 23

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Bambi,you have been fighting battle's before. Now you are going to win the WAR!!! Hang tight!!! Sunshine :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 883 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $178.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$229,984.31

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6398 Hours: 7

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 34

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kel, So far today has been good. Its really odd that I don't even think about smoking while I'm at work. The drive home is tough because I want to stop and buy a pack. Home is where I have my problem with wanting to smoke. Will see how this evening goes. Thanks for being here and for caring, will need lots of support and help to do this. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't feel alone. I started my quit the 7th of this month and did pretty good up until a couple of days ago. Smoked 5 yesterday and swore that today was the last day ever. Even going through the crazy things that withdrawel does(yes, even the gas) I can't understand why or what made me buy cigs and smoke again. I hope you keep posting and lets do this together. Like you, I have reset my quit meter. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0

Reading this thread: