Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Quitting Monday Morning

18 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
good luck try, to keep thinking of your kids
  • Quit Meter

$4,337.55

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 732 Hours: 20

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I share your quit date. Maybe you and me can become "quitting buddies." I am a 24 year old wife and mother of two. I am excited to see how successful you are. If you ever need support I am here. Maybe I'll be right there with you, having the same problem. ha ha.
  • Quit Meter

$590,408.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4423 Hours: 18

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 300 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome No-Huff-Puff. Stay close to this site. It has heped me to stay quit! Good luck and congratulations on your decision to quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 207 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
  • Quit Meter

$204,372.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5157 Hours: 16

Minutes: 36 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi NO-HUFF-PUFF, so happy that you are joining us tomorrow. This is an awesome group so visit often. And let us know how you are doing!! :) Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 863 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
  • Quit Meter

$229,918.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 9

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 20

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
N0-Huff-Puff! Dive right in! The water's great! This is my third and [b]final[/b] quit! I think I have finally found the key to success. Quitting is as hard as you and I choose to make it. This Quit I am at the point where I [i]know[/i] smoking is not ever going to be an option, so that "Do I or Don't I?" Struggle just doesn't exist. When the struggle is gone then so is the depression and panic. And Phewww! What a relief! Choose to stay happy, excited and proud about your Quit and life will still be good! Lynda :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,197 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $432 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey No-Huff-Puff ! Welcome !!!! I took these tips from another post.. Hope they help you quit.. It takes 3-4 days to get the nicotine out of your system. You are in detox/rehab.. don't be afraid to sleep or eat or do what it takes. Pamper yourself and don't let anyone get in your way of that either. Drink a lot of water, cranberry juice and tea to help flush the nicotine out of your system. (I like the cranberry-grape) Get some candy to munch on.. sunflower seeds, peanuts, etc. When you get a craving (they last maximum of 3 min.) grab a piece of candy and wait for it to pass. Get hooked on the candy for a while... you know how easy you get burnt out on candy anyway. Get rid of all smoking stuff.. clean your car out.. spray everything. Avoid all smoking places and smokers if possible. If you can afford it, see a counselor.. (If I could afford it I would) Keep coming here !!! Take it one day at a time... BTW Are you quitting cold turkey or using a patch or something ?? Hang Tuff ! Knight Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 638 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $87.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good luck stay strong stay quit Smoky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Thank you Cuddles... I like that. The three P's. I'll tack that one on my board too! I can't take even ONE puff... because that will lead to another... and another... and *whew* I've already done that for years... and years... and I really can't do that anymore. No-Huff-Puff [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$181,664.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6251 Hours: 15

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Daddybear6611: Thank you for wishing me luck. : ) Knight Christine: Thank you for the list of tips. I�ve printed them out and got them tacked on my bulletin board over my computer. I can�t go cold turkey cause I smoke about 2 packs a day. I�m using the patch. Casey: I feel much better finding this place. I�m not the only one going through this. I�ve used the free program and I�m ready. This site is awesome! : ) Smoky: Looks like we have the same quit date if I�m not wrong. Good luck and thanks for support. We can do it! : ) Jessie Marie: I�m a stay at home mom, for now� at least until I get my youngest into high school, so I�m able to check the site every morning. I�ll be back on tomorrow morning� ready to do battle. Hopefully, I�ll still feel this optimistic in the morning with a nice cup of coffee in hand and no cigarettes in the house. Thanks to all! Hugs! No-Huff-Puff [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$181,664.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I am a 37 year old mother and wife. I started smoking when I was 29. I'm tired of how it makes me feel and I want to be free of this demon (cigarettes). I have a plan to start working out again, do alot of writing, drink lots of water and play video games to de-stress. Wish me luck... I'm reading to plunge head first in the non-smoking pool. No-Huff-Puff [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
  • Quit Meter

$181,664.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: