Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Going into 3rd day

18 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you, redrosie. WOW!, I look great inside, but am feeling a bit dizzy. Reckon it's all the oxygen getting to my brain. :8|: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 89 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
LOL, redrosie. Funny, I thought about that after that last post, and then I thought, "It's sure to have zero fat, and can't have a lot of carbs." Maybe just a bite or two, per day, during hell week. :p Harley [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 92 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
I reckon a little dizzy spell is worth it, huh? No...everyone is still able to smoke in certain offices. I have my own office, but it's connected to my boss's office, in which all have privilage to smoke. He leaves his door open for his supervisors and other employees to come and go as they please. But, I'm toughing it out, so far, and haven't had a lot of smoke traffic, today...thankfully. I'm hangin' in there, but am considering eating my desk, at this point. Thanks redrosie, you're a gem! Knight Harley [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 90 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
Well, it didn't kill me... I've made it to day 3! Harley [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 82 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
**bows head towards Cuddles** Thank you. Y'all ain't doing bad, ya'selves! Hold Fast! Harley
**Note to self** stop off at market on way home for ground round. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 88 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
Awww, shucks! Thanks y'all. I'm trying to detox myself by, of course, drinking water, but other things that are known to cleanse the blood, and flush the nicotine out of my blood system quicker...lessening (so it seems) those nasty physical withdrawal symptoms. I've been doing some of these things prior to my quit (for other health reasons) but given more thought to it, and some added research, I've discovered a lot of my routine will cleanse my blood and hopefully more quickly usher out the toxin/nicotine. Also, it does sound like a lot to do during the day, but spread throughout the day, it's really not too bad, and if I have a craving, I just think, "Oh!, it's time for...." A run down of what I'm doing: ~1 tsp dried cayenne in half cup hot water (3 x daily) before certain meals ~1 tsp dried turmeric in half cup hot water (couple times a day with meal) ~1 tsp crushed celery seed in half cup hot water (once daily..it acts as a diretic) ~1 tsp cinnamon..yes!, you guessed it, in half cup hot water (3 x daily) ~2 cups green tea with echinecea (if don't drink the tea, I take 2 capsules echinecea..2 x daily.... BUT, I only do echinecea one week on, then one week off...it's not something one wants to take everyday, and for that matter, not even every month...to my understanding...I'm doing it during "hell week") ~Eating 2-3 cloves of garlic, daily ~Eating fresh parsley (couple times daily...acts as a diretic) ~Eating alfalfa (as little as possible, I really don't like it..YUCK! :p) ~1 whole squeezed lemon in glass of water ~And with all the water I intake from the above, I'm just sipping on a bit of ice water during the day (probably equals about 4 glasses or so). ~2-3 capsules valerian root, daily...but only during "hell week", then off and on every other week or so)...helps calm the nerves and aids in better concentration Now, by saying all that, I'm not recommending this at all. Some people can't do such things as some of the herbs and what will interact with prescribed medicines, daily intake of aspirin, and/or cause an adverse reaction with an exisiting medical problem, such as kidney disease and what have ya. I'm just reporting what seems to be working for me, to relieve those pesky withdrawal symptoms and doing it all sure is keep
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Harley, that is fantastic I bet you are really proud of yourself! You don't have to tell anyone here what a great achievement that is. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 172 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Harley's cool !! Harley's cool !! Congrats !! It will get easier.. do not dwell on what will happen next.. just stay busy and check out your clean smelling hair and hands ! You are clean.. If you ahven't already.. go get your car cleaned out.. get a new deordorant thingy and 3 days means.. go get a nice lunch to celebrate !! You are going to amke it this time... I am just 19 days in and I feel great.. Get in the zone !!! Hang Tuff ! Knight Christine Are you a knight ?? you should be !!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 486 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Throw a few of those ingredients together.. tumeric, cayenne, garlic,lemon, mint, fresh diced onion and ground round.. Make some great kabobs !!! I'm hungry now !!! Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 488 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41

Reading this thread: