Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,719 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ktktindy1, Julesy, grames, rainyjade, AJ8142

I RELAPSED ALREADY

18 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
THAT SAYS IT ALL...THIS IS TOUGH AS HELL...SINCE I AM NOT COMPUTER ACCESSIBLE AT WORK.
18 years ago 0 125 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pinball- This is not an easy thing to do and you really must prepare yourself for a successful quit. Make preparations such as having extra munchies (healthy ones) on hand, that's been a real life saver for me. Remember your rewards and do what you need to set those up and have something to look forward to each day. And probably most importantly prepare yourself mentally. You must believe that you can beat down that nico-deamon or he will win. Take a look in the forum for New Users and General Discussions, read the post titled, Things to do on a tough day, there's some great suggestions there. Keep trying, you can do this, we all can! Sheila [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 414 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Actually it both sucks and blows at the same time. It defies physics! Stay strong pinball, it does suck but it will get better. I think everyone here would be happy to promise you that. I go a little longer each day without a craving or thought of cigarette. Stay strong! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 262 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I know how you feel. [img]http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2046/cigsnakeedit1mz.jpg[/img] I could never get past 16 hours. Until I did. ~all the best N2k [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 181 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,999 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $905 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pinball...you guessed it, Quiting sucks! It is hard. Probably the hardest thing I've ever done in my entire life (which includes childbirth). But guess what? It's also the most rewarding. You can do it. Work the program tools to the left, get a plan together and follow the N.O.P.E. rule. Not One Puff Ever. As long as you don't light that next cigarette, you've got it made. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 231 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,636 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $808.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pinball, You MUST prepare yourself for these tough situations. If you know that work is a bad trigger for you, since you can't get to a computer, then you have to prepare for that... bring straws, licorice, cinimon sticks, gum, hard candy, etc... whatever your coping methods are, bring them with you and use THEM to help you get through a craving. Yes, this is hard. The SSC wouldn't be here if it were easy. There would also be a HELL of a lot less smokers if breaking this addiction were easy... but it's not. So, you have to plan for tough times and use determination to get through them. You CAN do this! Just keep telling yourself that! Just start over and try again... you WILL succeed. Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/littlebutterflies.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 112 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $369.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No this is NOT easy. Get back up on the wagon though and try again, nothing says you cant keep trying. Many of us have tried for years to quit, and it just takes that one sucessful quit to make it. Read and post all you can it will really help. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 302 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,056 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2265 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PBP, it IS tough as hell! It takes all the strength and grit and determination that you can muster up. It's like you have to go into battle with all the weapons you can carry to throw at this addiction. Here's an idea that might help you. Since you don't have computer access at work, go through the posts and print out the ones that speak to you the best, the ones that are the most inspirational or that give you what you feel you need. Carry them with you to work. When you have a craving at work, read them. Get out some paper and write a post that you would write if you did have access. Imagine how someone in the group might respond to you. Also, get a spiral bound notebook and start writing in it. Write a list of reasons for quitting. Write how you are feeling at any given moment. Write about what makes you cave. Write how you might delay or distract yourself or other coping mechanisms you might use. Write a list of rewards for yourself...for each day that you don't smoke. Write down everybody's pet slogans like N.O.P.E. (Not One Puff Ever), or Embrace the Quit, or One Day at a Time, or The Journey is the Reward. It is hard, Pinball, but it CAN be done. There are hundreds of us who can testify to that. You can do it too! Rusty :) one more thing....get rid of any cigarettes that you have around. Do that first! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 431 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,090 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1508.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 59 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$55,099.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 650 Hours: 17

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: