Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Help please

16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad you talked to the Dr. I have also gone to the Chantix site, it has information. I am getting my first refill. there have been some days I have only take one tablet. I spoke with his nurse (and I had been a pharmacy tech over 20 yrs). I told her.. some days I take one and days that I feel by dinner time I need the 2nd one I take it .. and if not I skip it.. she said thats fine.. whatever works.... She was veryy Happy to hear No smoking 23 days...... :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 408 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64.26 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 120 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
glad your Doc gave you his input, he's trained that all courses of drugs should be taken as written as per the manufacturers instructions to doctors.You'll feel more confident about your choices as you go along. if i was on chantix i'd follow my doctors instructions to the letter because I don't know the first thing about chantix and i know i'd get 3 or more conflicting points of view on the net.we're always all hanging in there mary, there's some kind of mojo on this site that keeps us all well and helps us recover soon when the 3D world hurts us. it's truly amazing elaine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �447.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
16 years ago 0 91 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi All Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. My doctor said to keep taking Chantix. Maybe i am trying to go off it to soon. Thank you all for your advice. We have been getting alot of snow storm's here. Its been so cold. I am really looking forward to spring. Just to let you know. My grandaughter uses the com. alot. So the only time i can post is when she is in bed. Again i am so sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Hope everyone is hanging in there. Mary [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,772 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $565.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 447 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mary, I am taking Chantix for 4 weeks now and on day 17 of my quit. 2 days ago I accidentally went from 2 a day to 1 because I forgot to take one. So I have just left it that way and I plan to cut that 1 in half next week and get myself off of it all together. If you have been quit for 3 months you are well on your way. Do what you need to do but i'll say that if it were me I would not do the patch because I wasn't real fond of all those withdrawl symptoms. Good luck and keep coming here. Terry [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Mary! Its ok, do what you think is best for you. Your 66 days into a life time of happiness. Do what ever it takes. If you need to be miserable, go ahead, do your thing. Keep in mind that it wont be forever! I know about the nightmares, I was in one for over 20 years!! Then I quit! Love my life, love my family, love My God! So just be miserable, you owe it to yourself for what you did to yourself for so many years. Your on your way baby!! Keep up the good work and the lungs will reward you. Jaset [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 472 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,596.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 73 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
16 years ago 0 120 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
i would say do your very best to do without the patch -if you can't you can't. i'm experiencing withdrawal cravings and similar feelings to week one quitting the patch and other people have experienced the same thing. it's only fair to say some quit their patches fairly painlessly. but i didn't. you're going to be feeling a bit odd because you stopped your medication regime, it'll settle down in a couple of days, and make sure you use your doc as a resource eliane [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/4/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �432.10 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
I know usually Chantix is used for 12 weeks, but my Dr. said I could have Rx for 6 months if I needed it. I hit 21 days today.. and I am thinking of going to one a day. or one on one day and 2 the next.. I will see how it goes. I get my refil this week. So far so good. How are you doing Mary..??? Did you talk to your Dr about the Chantix. and maybe stepping down slowly... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 357 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $56.23 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are you doing now, Mary? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 594 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 44,550 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11,137.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mary, you should not need chantix after three months. Do not use a patch and Do not smoke! You are done, free. You made it. Congratulations! Focus your energy on something positive. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 291 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,018.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
I am on my 8th day of Chantix. I did get some nausea. but found the morning one I take with a full glass of water.. sit up for 15 minutes. not bending over.. or laying down. I do have a cup of coffee. Then I take my other daily pills after that. The evening dose I take right after dinner on a full stomach.. also trying to not do a lot of bending over.. so they have time to get in the stomach and dissolve. I dream more.. but I have not had any nightmares... have upi called the 800 Chantix number .. or gone to the Chantix site for information? Maybe you could take 1/2 tablet in the morning and a 1/2 at night...you could ask the 800 number, your pharmacist and Dr. were you doing ok in the beginning on the lower dose? The card that came with your chantix has a pin number on it.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/11/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 70 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11.03 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24

Reading this thread: