Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Nasty Heartburn

16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the tip Todash! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
16 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey hey Jean, that's fantastic and fantastic news! I was getting a bit addicted to toast for a while there, methinks it's got something to do with the smell, reminded me of the smell when you first light a cigarette (I know, how weird go figure). So I'll report back on the weight loss forum in a month and see how we go! x T [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 145 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,335 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �797.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Purple]Todash... I did a little reading about bread, especially white bread and the sugars etc fermenting and causing people to suffer from gas and heartburn. Just to let you know that I cut out all breads on my diet including pasta's and I've lost 11 pounds in the last several weeks. I replaced the bread with rice cakes.. with cheese, or jam, salmon salad, tuna salad etc. I'm not saying that only cutting out bread has helped in my weight loss but was part of my daily diet at every meal. Happy to hear that your heartburn is gone :) Jean [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $533.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had agonizing, wicked heartburn up until a week ago. What changed? A work colleague and I decided to give up bread as a diet aid and whaddayaknow? Heartburn-b-gone. I was eating bread with every meal though, but it's really made a HUGE difference. Worth a try! (Now to shift those 15 pounds...) x T [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 145 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,335 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �797.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
16 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Purple]Hey Lainey ! Just popped in to find out how you're feeling now. Wishing you a wonderful smoke free weekend :) Jean [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,125 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $461.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Why Thank you Tom! I am feeling better this evening, with a four day weekend awaiting me! That had lifted my spirts tremendously! Have a good one yourself! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,825 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $770.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lainey, Wonderful news that you're off the patches and I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling 100%. All the best to you and feel better. Tom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $264.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lainey, I have had the problem in the past. With this quit I am not haveing any trouble yet. I think in the past it had a lot to do with what I was eating and eating and eating. Before this quit I changed a lot of things in my diet. I am really watching the fat that I eat. I was a big cookie and candy eater. Like my graveys and all the comfort foods. It seems like now if eat to much of that stuff I get heart burn. Anyway that is what I have to offer. There is over the counter meds that may help. Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 170 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
P.S. Smokey, am impressed by your hobbies! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,825 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $770.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
I didn't word that right did I??? I made it sound like I just quit 2 weeks ago NOT....I quit 11 weeks ago, but am just off the patches 2 weeks ago. Am pretty sure it is heartburn Smokey, have the upset tummy too.(But Thanks!!) I doubled up on the ant-acids today and it helped a bit, also drinking more water than usual. Thanks Jean & Josie! If it's not better by Mon will check in with Doc. I do remember others saying they had a 'bout of this those first weeks. I am sure it will pass as all the other lil quirks have too. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,825 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $770.15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41

Reading this thread: