Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Not into talking

17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, Here is a new one. I feel I am doing the best I ever have. So far!! I feel a good vibe...or call it really somekind of determined mind set. Hope it stays. Not that I don't have bad times....but when I do have them I sort of just dismiss it. But... I think my daughters feel a little left out. They call me and for some reason I just don't feel like talking on the phone. I use to talk to them a long time... (while smoking away with coffee) Now they call...I chat just a little and feel like I just want to go...or sort of just be left alone. I feel like I am acting aloof...but that is not what I feel inside. I just don't feel like gabbing. Guess I should say both my daughters smoke. My oldest just got a prescription for wellbutin. My 28 year old seems to be terrified of quiting for some reason. Anyway... is sort of claming up....or being a little withdrawn common? I don't feel depressed (except for the cold weather). I just sort of like going to bed early and read or watch TV and cuddle with my little dog. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 557 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120.69 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks guys, I didn't know what was up with me.I usually like being active and around people. Now I feel a little like a recluse. I look forward to just chilling out at home. gonnadoit......you make me laugh!!! toooo funny :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 572 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $125.16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have had the same experience as well. I just figured cigarettes being a stimulant made people keep moving and doing and seeing...etc. The same way that coffee, cocaine, or crack would work. So now I was not high on my stimulant (just the cigs and coffee) so I got quiet. Actually last time I quit and I had been quit for a couple of months and my mom came to see me, and see said I seemed a lot calmer, more peaceful. I have always been a phoneaholic and since I quit I have not been on the phone that much. I think I have a tendency to babble and talk quickly when I have a lot of nervous energy. I think talking takes a certain amount of energy. So maybe we are all just more Zen now. We can sit around and meditate, and be at one with the universe. Not seek stimulation outside of our "cocoons". I think I'll become a buddhist monk. Anyone want to join me? ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 227 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $49.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy, Same here. Our lives have changed and we are still adjusting. I think it's normal. Vice versa I hear less from my smoking friends/family. Guess there'll be a time when we start to make connections with the non-smoking world. It's a little scary but exciting too!! The best part is you will always have us ;p Audrey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 917 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey everybody... Same here...haven't been quite myself and somewhat of a recluse. I do talk on the phone...I used a plastic straw in week 1 and part of week 2. Now I don't need it, I no longer have that trigger. From past experience though, I know this phaze is going to pass. I'm just babying my quit you might say. My housecleaning will wait until I get good and ready to do it. A lot of my triggers are leaving one by one as I face them head on. I I do not avoid or ignore them. reason? My Pc will remain the love of my spare time, My coffee will probably always be my morning motivation, my dining room table is where we eat and enjoy conversation with each other. Since I live in the boon docks, I have to drive...anywhere! My children live an hour away, so I have to use my phone... My recliner is where I relax Now do I really want to avoid all of the above? I just don't smoke anymore. auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,438 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $228 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy - you are doing wonderfully and progressing as planned. I also got really unto myself for a good while there. I kinda thought of it as caccoonig. I just felt like being quiet and still. I think it is one of many transitions for some us on this quit'n trail. I think it has to do with finding a different lifestyle. While we stay away from triggers, we evolve into other behavior patterns. The important thing is staying away from triggers while you gain strength in every day of being quit. It'll all fall into place. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 514 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy - I remember having massive cravings whenever a friend called (I smoked when I was on the phone too) As a result, I avoided long phone calls for quite awhile. I also needed to change alot of my routines to protect my quit. So many things have changed during my quitting journey. Somethings have gone back to the way they were and other parts of me have changed completely. Congratulations on 27 days...Enjoy your solitary time and those cuddles in front of the t.v. I think that you are doing well. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 159 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,197 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $795 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy, I think that is very common. First off if you smoked and talked on phone, that could be a trigger for you. Might be best to limit that for a while. Second smoking has a lot of emotional baggage that comes with. That first month I was not myself nor did I like anything or anybody. According to my hubby I was also hell to live with. After that I started learning how to deal with all of it. Before I knew it I was getting back to my norm. I deal with things differently now. Some of my rotines have changed but I still do the things I enjoy. I hope your daughters are aware that you are quiting. It is hard for smokers to understand. My hubby smokes, he did not get anything I went threw. Now it is all good. Things have a way of working out. You are doing great. Do what ever you need to do to protect your quit. Lot of Love Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 193 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,879 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $772 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL. I feel that way about my spouse! He irritates me anymore with his incomplete sentences and expectations of 'reading his mind'. I still know what he wants and what he means...but how DARE he assume?! He has his 'baby' talk with me and the kids that I now find irritating as hell! The kids find it embarrasing. So...we stay away from him. LOL. I am proud of him for quitting and I am proud of him for standing by me. Now....if we could just extract the 'nerd' from him....... :blush: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 163 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1304 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The phone and company were triggers for me in the beginning of my quit. It will not last forever. At nine months quit I can talk for hours on the phone and I do not ever think of smoking. No trigger anymore at all. Same thing for company or coffee or any other trigger. It takes time, but just keep doing things without smoking while doing them and you will break the association eventually. Prayers of success being sent out to you. Fondly, Free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 282 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,485 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1128 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
  • Quit Meter

$54,496.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 12

Minutes: 40 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: