Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Deserve to feel better by now

17 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alright, I'm beginning to get a little ticked off. My lungs feel better, and my cough is almost gone. But my allergies seem to have kicked into high gear and I can rarely breathe through my nose. Granted I have always had allergies but they have gotten worse when you'd think my quit would be rewarding me here. I know...talk to my Doctor. Just wondering if I'm alone. Audrey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 287 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
Ok Phil. It's just that the Chantix site was telling me that I should be tasting and smelling so much better by now, and I'm not, it's worse. I'll be patient. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 288 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
Thanks all for your insight. It probably is just another method my body is using to expel crud, and it's not as free flowing as the cough. I'm just tired of waking up in the middle of the night with a mouth as dry as the desert. Upside: No desire to smoke when I can't breathe :| [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 289 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
Hello everybody. Didn't think this belonged on the "rewards" post nor did it have any place on the cruise ship, but wanted to let you know that I am finally feeling better! I slept through the night last night...two months of waking up in the middle of the night with desert mouth sucks! My medicine cabinet is overflowing! I'm a space cadet but my nose works again. I'll take it as a reward, suits me fine. The doctors have taken all my money. Can't wait to start experiencing the health benefits you all have been enjoying without me :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,007 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
Katy, Yes, me, and all of my support friends are winning this battle...together. What you have told prepares me for perhaps dealing with this for awhile. After I kill this infection I go through the allergy testing, and then probably shots. I cannot even ask the doctor about the 2 cats that I know I'm allergic to. I hope medicine has an answer because I cannot bear the thought of losing them :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,017 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
Dennis, Just so you know, I think I waited too long before I went to the doctor and by that time the problem was chronic and the infection deep seated. So the recovery has been long too. I fight doctors and their medicines but now I am doing whatever they say because like you I lost patience. If you haven't done so already go see the doc. PS: Fortunately one is not as inclined to smoke when they are ill as when they are well. There's a positive!!! Feel better Dude. Audrey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,014 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
Thanks Dutch. Maybe I should try a little positive attitude. It can't hurt. Well off to the eye doctor to figure out this blurred vision thing :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 768 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $106.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
Glad to know I'm not alone Todash and Kiwi. And to all who read this: it is not my intent to be the bummer of this site. I'm never sick and usually full of energy but to be feeling this way for over a month is wearing me out. I wish you knew the healthy me (I promise when I get better I will still be here :) and reintroduce myself). Rainie - My eyes are fine. He says I'm just sick and have no energy and no strength to focus. Feel like a dufus but eyes are important and I have glaucoma in my family. Better to have peace of mind. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 778 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $106.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
Thank you Phillip. Nice to know this site has a great big brother. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 779 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $106.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: QUITTING SMOKING IS DETRIMENTAL TO YOUR HEALTH. That's how I feel. My body has done nothing but punish me. I finally went to an allergist and had a CT scan done on my sinuses and I have Chronic Sinusitis. I am on 14 days of antibiotics but here on day seven I still have not killed the beast. After the drugs are done I have to have an allergy test done. Of course I got a cold in the last couple of days to complicate the matter. The infection is bacterial and the cold is viral, and the antibiotic fights the bacteria while the virus feeds the infection!! This crap has been going on so long I think it is why vision is starting to get blurred (have a call in to my Dr about it). I exercise and try to eat right but can hardly fit into my jeans. So this is the thanks I get? My patience is wearing thin. I did not have these problems before I quit. Sucks. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 737 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $100.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34

Reading this thread: