Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

To keep me busy

17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil, no offense taken at all. Your are a great source of inspiration! I guess I just began to question myself. But you know what, I too blame it on the quit, perhaps I was a bit, shall we say, over sensitive. You're a good man, Phil!!! And I love your posts. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 133 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm not smoking, but I won't deny that I've slipped in the past. Had to restart my quit, and no matter how difficult the beginning is I feel pretty positive. I wouldn't want to think that because I have slipped that I've been wasting people's time. Everyone has helped me immensely. Just a thought. Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 131 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Gang This is a pile of thoughts just to keep me occupied so that I can forget Old Nick for a while. Feel free to ignore or do what you will with them! Its just a little story really but its all true! On August the 8th after 50 years on the weed I finally made the decision it has to go. Got the patches and ran out of smokes about 4,30 pm.(Still on the patches 10 mg now) Thought I will just get 10 to keep me going until the morning The shop was shut for 25 mins so I thought Oh well stop now AND DID!!(Thank God it was closed I would have had a couple left in the morning and I know where that would have led me) First few days up and down up and down dreaded the weekends. Got through the weekends (God knows how) probably by looking forward to Monday to keep busy busy busy. Started to get very cocky and supporting people on this site,then it all got bad and I have been pulling support and giving it alternately ever since Holiday in Spain was looming scared stiff convinced myself that it would not ruin my hols and would smoke if I felt like it Actually turned around and convinced myself that smoking would ruin my hols! Spain WAS difficult and having got back believe it or not things got worse and I really felt horrid! Consulted my doctor and she took me off the dreaded statins and I now feel much better.(See my post) Now I do not dread the weekends I am far from being free of Old Nick but I cannot go through the last 70 plus days again EVER so I will not smoke. I look at your symptoms and your achievements on this site and yes newbies I have had the lot from nightmares to flatulence!! I am naturally a bit of a clown so that helped me through the bad days early on but those statins were getting to me and I thought it was Old Nick! Well here I am now older and wiser,still struggling at times but getting better by the day. I have met some wonderful people on this site and they have helped me enormously do use it newbies. I am far from catching up with some of the quitters here but I will!!! If I can get this far after 50 years on the weed you can! Good weekend Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,448 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �378 [B
Thanks Lady But it was a stupid thing to say! Phil xxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,448 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �378 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
Jan My comment about time wasting was not meant to be negative I just reread it and I apologise it was badly worded!! It was meant to inspire people to carry on I am sorry if I offended you and I can see why if I did I can be stupid sometimes!! Phil SSC you should delete this comment I amde a silly mistake Thanks [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 72 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,448 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �378 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 1127 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice thread Phil, it's good for quitters to have a site like this. Newbies gets lots of support and that's why we....(the older quitters) can help them when it gets rough. Coming here and read the post is for a lot people a great help. Maybe someone can learn from someone elses mistakes. I've smoked for 35 years and quitting was the best thing I ever did for myself, my family and not to forget my little dog, who was smoking with me. The poor thing feels so much better now that she doesn't have to breath in the secondhand smoke anymore. My bankaccount is thankful too.....lol Anyway, I've met some really nice people here, I like to call them friends and I will meet many more. I love this site !!! Bye for now hugs xxxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 202 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,060 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �595.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Phil thank you for sharing. ;pMarie Love having you here at the SSC [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 129 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,944 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $516 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Phil, Thank you for being here!!! and everyone else! it's a great place and i'm glad i found it! and all of you! Kate [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 586 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �174 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Blame the quit Phil ;) Blame the quit :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 476 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,528 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1666 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jan... None of this is wasted time. It is all part of the quit process. You are quit and that is all that matters! Congratulations on being able to start again and succeed! That is inspirational and that is what it is all about! Shhh... Phil, just blame it on the quit. The fingers and the mind don't start working together again until about 6 months ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 476 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,528 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1666 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5

Reading this thread: