Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,545 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

I have a confession to make

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi mate Dont worry about the tabs just dump the idea. If you can beat cigarettes then you can certainly beat this one. I have only been on patches for 30 days(Full strength) and have been sticking them on my bottom as that seems to be the only place they stick. On one of my'good' days (and you all know what I mean by good!!) I found that I had lost the patch not sure when but I didnt miss it.In a weeks time I am going to cut the dose bit by bit..... Will report back Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 604 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �127.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Here it is. Read the Q and A that I found on the web, written by a doctor. This should help. [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=24149&forum=1]Click here.[/url] Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 314 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,866 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1296.82 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chickstarr, If quitting all at once is too scary for you, how about cutting back? Have you tried that? What is keeping you from quitting the NRT? If it's fear of returning to your addiction, don't let that be a cop out for you to keep on using the nicotine. You are far enough into your quit to know how to deal with triggers and tough situations. THis is no different. You CAN do this! And you SHOULD do this! I read somewhere that nicotine in and of itself is not a harmless drug. They believe, although it has not been proven yet, that nicotine alone can cause certain types of cancer. So, while yes, it's better than smoking, you are STILL doing damage to your body. I will see if I can find that post and bump it for you. Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 314 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,866 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1296.82 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 457 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It is my understanding that nicotine has an extremely short half life, and will be out of your system entirely shortly (some say 3 days, and some say 3 weeks) When you quit, you were adicted to like 40 chemicals, and went through withdrawals for all of them... except the nicotine. I think that laddybug had a great idea.. set a quit date and all of that. You could also check out the Carr book.. it talks about this sort of thing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,894 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $676 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ok ... my advice ... you already know what it is going to be right? LOL Chickstarr ... I know you do ... you ready? Quit taking them. You don't need them. You are not going to go back to smoking. You have accomplished your quit ... not some little pill. Transfer you belief in the pill into belief in yourself. Worse case scenario in my mind ... 3 days of physical withdrawal. What is 3 days compared to the rest of your life? Whatever you decide ... we are all here for you! Big hugs! Fondly, Free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,558 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $472 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
  • Quit Meter

$54,501.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5956 Hours: 2

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 261 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all, I haven't had one puff in all this time & I'm so proud. But I'm not proud of the fact that I still take NRT, and I'm not proud of the fact that I'm not keen on the idea of slowing down at all. Have I simply tranferred from one adiction to another? Yes of course. Is it better than smoking? Yes, of course. Ummm, so why do I feel so scared about stopping these little nicotine tablets? Am I scared that if I stop taking the NRT that I might waver in my quit? Maybe. I've heard others compare the NRT with taking off a bandaid slowly rather than ripping it off quickly all in one go. I'm just prolonging the agony. Yes. I've heard of people who are still on NRT 10 years after they have quit. Hopefully that won't be me 'cause taking my little pills is a bit ridiculous. ("Mummy needs a tablet." in a growly voice - can you picture it? hehe) Any ideas or thoughts? cheers alison :) Life. Be in it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,424 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1425 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$90,836.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8665 Hours: 13

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

yes? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 115 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,471 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1437.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$90,836.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks everyone - so sweet to reply. And I agree, it needs to stop. But I'm probably making heavy going of it - for me the idea is always worse than the reality. Christine - Yes i will be healthier but probably still growling (lol) lbugg - I agree, I think I need to do it all in one go - and I can't get sscim at home (no windows) or work (firewalls). I'm not sure what to do! But I'll keep trying to think of something. Free - thanks for being my NRT free heroine! Mistymoon - Yeah I think that this withdrawal will be easy comparred to cigs. Butterfly - Yes I should do this and I'm reading the other post - thanks for bumping. Shevie - I know that you know that I know that you know these things, oh wise one of the desert. lol & thanks, yes it is time to cut the cord. Riv - You help others to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thankyou! Smoggone - Thanks for the support, I agree I don't think I'd like smoking again - it smells just SO bad! Phil - Good on you for reducing the patches - I've been reading your posts and you're doing a great job. Danielle - I'm using an Australian (I think) brand - Nicorette Microtabs - tabs about the size of the old saccharine tablets that sit under your tongue. (Just checking the little brochure) Each tab has nicotine betadex corresponding to 2 mg nicotine. This is the only NRT that I have been able to tolerate. Thanks again everyone :) alison Life. Be in it [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 115 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,471 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1437.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$90,836.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

of course! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 115 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,473 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1437.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$90,836.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chickstarr, What kind of NRT are you using? Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: