Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Dream Dream Dream

17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No patch no nothing just put them down and jumped into it. So how is that working with both of you quitting at the same time? My wife and I set a quit date for Oct. 1st but I went ahead and quit before then. Just couldnt wait. It actully scared me thinking about haveing to quit. Oh yea, I loved your post about searching your sons room. I rolled told my wife about it and rolled some more. No offence. lol [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 158 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
  • Quit Meter

$72,684.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 7401 Hours: 14

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

They are pretty vivid. Im just glad they arent nightmares because that is what I would usually dream. Its weird every time I sleep now I dream. They arent happy skipping through the lilly dreams. I guess you would say they are like a dark drama of some sorts. Some say they dream they are smoking but I havent done that. I wonder what causes this. Strange.. What about you Josie.. Dream or no deram? Douglas
  • Quit Meter

$72,684.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

You know I used to hardly ever dream and when I did it would be a screaming nightmare that my wife would wake me up. Since I stopped smoking 7 days ago thank you very much, every time I go to sleep I dream. When I first go to bed I dream. When I wake up 2 hours later I dream. When I go back to sleep I dream. Anyone else do this or has all the years of smoking kept me from tuning into my inner-self.(lol)
  • Quit Meter

$72,684.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Vampires and zombies was on last night in dream world. Could the quit get any better.. LOL May just take a nap this afternoon to see what else I can dream about. I like the tag at the end of your post gonnadoit! about the kids. I think my kids have sort of learned when its a bad day for their old dad, (every day) One of my boys tell me Im his hero, he is a teenager and of corse being sarcastic but they have been real supportive. They think if I quit that means I can spend the extra money on them. They obviously are living in the same fog I am. Ha Ha! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 171 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
  • Quit Meter

$72,684.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 117 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not alone on this one...I have been dreaming too!!! I never had dreams or atleast remembered them. Maybe it is our brain coming out of the smoke fog??!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 284 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh yes the dreams..... I have had them for weeks but they are fading now.(After 3 weeks) One night I kept the patch on and the dreams were too horrble to detail here or anywhere and I dare not go back to sleep in case they started again! Do without the patch at night and be patient it DOES get better gradually.. (Have a stiff drink last thing at night that helps!) Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 468 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �97.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 13 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
douglasa Congrats on your 7 days, that's great. I too am having a lot of vivid dreams but I'm using the patch. I'm afraid to take it off at bedtime because I use to get up in the middle of the night to smoke. I have trouble falling asleep (it's 2:20 am right now) and then I can't seem to wake up in the morning. I mean even after I get out of bed, it takes me forever to come out of the stupor. I thought this was strange and actually would have expected to feel more awake in the morning. This happens even if I get the same amount of sleep I use to get. Maybe it's depression, I'm not really sure. Hope it passes though. Good luck on your quit. Keep up the good work!
17 years ago 0 186 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been dreaming alot as well and sleeping like an angel! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 308 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �82.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dream dream dream whenever I need you all I have to do is dreaaam dream dream dream. Everly brothers 19?????? . Heard it from my brother. I had those vivid dreams scare the ...out of me at first, but after a while they went away. :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,214 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $320 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Are you using the patch? I always blame it on the patch, but I am curious, hmmmmm..... I have some WILD dreams! I dream about conversations, events, and, yes, smoking. They are very VIVID dreams. Once I went to work P.O'd at a co-worker over a dream I had and even though I knew it was a dream, it took me a week to forgive him. Needless to say, he thinks I am nuts! My hubby quit with me, and he took the patch off at night because he couldn't deal with the dreams. I left mine on---better than prime-time TV in my book! I only had a few smoking dreams. One woke me up and I had to smell my hands and hair to convince myself it was only a dream! :8o:

Reading this thread: