Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Three months

10 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kristine!

You can't imagine how helpful your posts are! I like your thoughts very much. When I read it I feel like I'm writing it by myself (only 6th nicotine free day is ending...). Thank you! 
10 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry it took me so long to respond! I was out of town for work all week and didn't get the chance to check in. Thanks for all the encouragement!

Thanksgiving was great. I really noticed a difference from not smoking. I wasn't jumping around all the time and as a result I was able to really focus on the cooking, the meal and my friends. After dinner I let the husband clear while I curled up in a big chair with a glass of wine and we all hung out for a few hours. I was so calm. It was really nice.

My deviled eggs came out great, but the stuffed jalapenos were about ten times spicier than intended! I like spicy food, so I was eating them, but I worried no one else would. But one by one they all disappeared, so I guess everyone got used to the heat. Lesson learned: you can't just scrape out the seeds of the pepper, you have to scrape out the ribs as well.

How was everyone else's holiday?
10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kristine,

I've read this post several times and somehow missed responding. Just wanted to say congratulations on your 3 months. It seems like you just popped up here a few weeks ago! I hope the time has been moving more quickly for you, as well.  
  • Quit Meter

$22,562.15

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 603 Hours: 4

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 13

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Congratulations Kristine!!!  I hope your Thanksgiving was lovely and your quit is still going strong.

KTQ!!!

Carol

10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Huge congrats on your 3 months smoke-free!!!!  Way to go!!!  In just a few days, that 100 day milestone will be yours and you will have reached yet another milestone which use oldies called reaching the beach!  Be sure to reward yourself for every milestone!  It makes quitting a LOT more fun and enjoyable! 

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,295.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 4

Minutes: 56 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Kristine...You have some much to be thankful for this year..Wishing you a lovely holiday season this year..

Red
10 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The biggest change of all is that when I am around smokers now, I don't feel sorry for myself anymore. I feel sorry for them. - See more at: http://sg.stopsmokingcenter.net/supportV7/viewmessages.aspx?forum=6&topic=51424&ForumName=Stats%20Parade&TopicTitle=Three%20months#sthash.Xv4xmIMW.dpuf
Congratulations on three months quit.  You headed into a holiday for the first time a non-smoker, able to taste that amazing spread of food.  I hope you cherished every second of that meal.  They just get better and better!

You have the right attitude and you're well on track.  Please keep that statement in mind if you ever falter: "The biggest change of all is that when I am around smokers now, I don't feel sorry for myself anymore. I feel sorry for them."  That is HUGE.  Hold that close, it will keep you quit.

Here's to a healthier you in the coming year and well beyond.

x T
10 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kristine82 Three months is a huge achievement. Keep going one day at a time and you'll continue to be successful. Excellent for you. breather Don
10 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great work Kristine!

How was your Thanksgiving?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations LK!  Three months is really great!

I remember my 3 month milestone so well.  It was the longest time I had ever managed to remain quit, and it was a bit of a turning point in my quit.  I hope you find the same.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Love Lolly.    

Reading this thread: