Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Bonnie has 50 days

16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi doing well today. Patches is doing very well. She had 10 teeth extracted yesterday. She was a hungry girl last night... gave her small amounts of canned food a couple times. didn't want her to get sick after the anesthesia and procedure. She is on an antibiotic 2 times a day for about 10 days.. it is pink. looks like the kids amoxicillin.. I don't think she likes bubblegum flavor...LOLL I told the vet tech.. we need tuna flavor.. John wraps her in a blanket and i get to poke the dropper of pink sticky liquid in her mouth.. I'm not sure which one of us will be happiest at the end of 10 days.... I will be In Gilbert flying into the Mesa airport... on the 20th and leave on the 30th.. I did pick up some tee's and capri's today. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 918 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $183.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
16 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BJ, you're coming to Arizona? Yippee!! What part of the state? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/12/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $448.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 1387 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BJ: How are you doing today? How is Patches? I hope all is well with your new pet and yourself give us a holler. Kaiser [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,425 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
16 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bj, I was gone for a while but CONGRATS for the 50 day mark. You & I and the other Freebirds are headed for the 60 day mark. Not a problem. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/12/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,785 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $440.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO !!!!!!. And still smoke free. Be proud and reward yourself. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
She's HOME... The humane society opens at 11 am... i was there at 10:45... I found people who let me in. I had passed a door, that was partially open..( but not a public entrance... would have used it ) The woman said they had just left a message on my answering machine.. The took Patches to "Their vet" this am... He will "fix her up" teeth cleaning, extractions, etc for $150.00 I called my husband and he said OK... I also said if you give me the stuff for her ears, antibiotics.. she needs before getting extractions. I will take her home and I will give her her meds... The lady tood her back for an ear cleaning.. apparently they have been treating her for ear mites since they found her.. now think it is probably yeast infection and NOT mites. She got an antibiotic injection... and she has an appointment tomorrow morning for me to drop her off... for her dental work/extractions.. I have the antibiotic med to give her a dose tonight and one before she goes in tomorrow. She walked out of the carrier, through the house, and happily jumped back up to her sunning spot in the garden window. I called the "thrift shop" where we got here.. and to the manager that I chewed out thoroughly yesterday.. to let her know... (we were both in tears when I left yesterday) She said a woman had come in with a $100.00 donation to go toward helping ... for a cat... they are going to apply the money to Patches Vet Bill.... This is like the new Oprah Show..... As soon as we can.. we will make some donation.... pay it forward.. and help some one else out. I am also thinking of volunteering at the shelter one or 2 days a month... I will check into this when I get back from Arizona. BIG HAPPY DANCING>>> AND loads of love and purrs... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 884 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $176.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
Hi George is cool, looks like he will just cuddle up.. I am using to sharing... my chair, the bed... etc..LOL having some problems with the kitty adoption.. Her name is (will be) Patches.. she is a 9 yr old Calico.. Took her for her check up.... I had to take her back to the Humane Society... they are supposed to pull her abcessed teeth and clean the ear mites.. then I will get her back.. The vet bill would have been over 600.00 was up to over 300as an estimate for immediate care needed and then 200 to 300 per tooth extraction... I will be checking one her soon this am. I did NOT cave... I was so .... *&% issed off and a range of other emotions... I only thought of smoking maybe 2 times.. I gave myslef the .... lighting up will not help.. the cat will still be sick. you still wont be able to afford paying that much money .... the car will stink nothing is going to change.... just get home and make phone calls... Thanks for all the reinforcement, positive thinking.. little things I can say to myself... Hold onto that quit..... Remember Your Life does Depend on it... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 884 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $176.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 50 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bj Way to go! Your posts are always so positive and helpful and I am so happy for you. Keep it up girl! :) Judi [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,340 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $468.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
A cat and a cell phone. What great rewards. What is your new cat's name? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $67.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Never had a doubt you'd get here BJ! You are an asset and a wonderful, caring person, who is also SMOKE FREE! How COOL is that?! Here's your deck chair and your Mai Tai, but you'll probably have to move George... [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/boatbird.jpg[/IMG] Hugs, Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $415.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40

Reading this thread: