Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

having a bad day

16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well Moss, thank goodness your around...I was beginning to wonder if you took off somewhere. You kinda have my husband pegged pretty well, the problem is, is that after 15 years he is still infatuated with me and I should be flattered, but right now I am not that same me...so it bothers him. We work at the same business, so today on our breaks, instead of me going with him and watching him smoke, he walked with me and didn't. maybe it is a turn in the right direction. However, even if not, I have all of you. Good to hear from you!! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,710 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $213.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Anxious, Yes, this trigger does dissipate with time. Keep practicing your new routine, you'll see with a little time you'll forget you ever had the old one. Keep persevering! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Anxious1 - Sorry to speak with you so late. I tried to log in last night and my computer at home went down. It looks as though I will be without a PC for a period of time here. I am at work right now and my super will let me use the computer for a bit of personal use now and then. I will do my best to check in but the next week or two may be sparse. About this support issue from hubby. You can tell him to stick it where the sun don't shine until he joins you in quitting. You'll see how well he wears his "Big Boy Undies" when he gets a couple weeks quit under his belt. Just kidding, sort of. I don't know the first thing about him but your post does not shine a very bright light in his direction. I would render a guess that the problem may be in his own lap rather than yours. I know my wife's support was so helpful to my success. She was happy that I found this great group and would encourage me to read and post here every day. Most importantly, You do whatever you need to do to make this work for you. You,ve made it this far and there isn't anything to stop you now. I'll be cheering for you Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,110 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $249.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
I am right in the middle of the state of WI, one day it is 40 then the next it is -80, it sucks. It is much harder for women I think. I have read it in many different places, It's not a nice thing to say, because it gives men the short end of the stick...it isn't easy for anyone. I have to admit, I have maybe screamed once or twice, I am on the other end, I am either sleeping or crying. Not so much anymore, but that is what my family was dealing with. Today I have one of those days where I have this dull urge that just won't leave..its driving me crazy!! I am so glad you are all here with me today, it breaks up the day for me. ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,710 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $213.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 1107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang tough anxioux1, I guess you make me feel fortunate that my wife quit the day after me. We both went cold turkey. It obviously has been harder on her that it has been for me. I found through this site, and observing what everyone writes, that it appears that is much harder for women to quit then the men. Maybe the men won't admit the emotional things? My wife was screaming at me constantly for at least the first 2 months. I finally got her to understand that she didn't quit for me, but for herself. Well, anyhow, you've gotten on the cruise, and you have the beach to look forward to. Judging by what you say about the sun not coming out until June, you must live in Syracuse. Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 96 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $604.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
Lizzie - I still want to know if that is your dog, so pretty. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,710 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $213.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
Thanks, I think I will run to the library tonight after work. I need something else to read anyway. It is the mental part that I struggle with, so maybe his books will help. Thanks, :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,710 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $213.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
16 years ago 0 579 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anxioux, It was the evenings that used to get me. Yes, it does eventually go away....I can't remember when, but it does. Drinking water helped me. Yes, I'd recommend Allen Carr's books. I do not agree with everything that he says on the physical side of the quit (e.g. he says cold turkey is the only way, but I think different things work for different people). But he is excellent on the mental side of the quit - I used to read him to help reinforce my self-talk and remind myself why I quit. He really gets into junkie thinking and destroys it - I remember a lot of what he says even today. For example, he says the pleasure we get from lighting a cigarette is just like wearing really tight shoes all day, and then taking them off. It's just getting rid of the aggravation - and that aggravation was caused by you in the first place by smoking/wearing tight shoes. It reminded me that cravings are caused by smoking, and not by quitting. Lizzie :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/23/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1745 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 26,175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �6,543.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 179 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$8,856.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 783 Hours: 13

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anxioux1 - Congratulations on getting through another day - you did it!!! I can absolutely relate to that morning craving. For many, many, many years the very first thing I did in the morning (before I even went to the bathroom!) was have a smoke. And this particular smoke was a hard one to let go of when I quit. I struggled a lot. I changed around my morning routine which helped. I also allowed myself less time to get ready for work (so there was no time to smoke). The good news is - it does get better - it's a gradual easing. I've reached the point where the thought doesn't even cross my mind when I wake up. What a relief! By the way, Welcome to your first Smoke-Free February in a Long Time! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 342 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,970 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,223.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,350.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 13

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

That was my morning routine, except for the water, i have started that recently, it is easing up, does it ever go away? i did the dishes and did laundry...now i have to start getting ready for work. i am hoping you will all be here when i get to work today, i am sure i will need it. i also have read a few posts about Allan Carrs books, have any of you read them? are they any good? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,710 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $213.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7

Reading this thread: