Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

February Quitters - Stand Up and Be Counted

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We are now in our second month, and very proud of our stats. Let's check in to show the new folks how well we have done, and tell the longer quitters that they have set a great example! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,419 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $227.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 232 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Nurse, I'm sorry if I was cranky on you. I think it was because I'm so scared of a slip myself -- and I'm pretty sure if I do slip I won't have the gumption to pull back out of it. So, if I slip, I'm dead, scary for me, so I came down hard on you. My apologies. Legend [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 249 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $51.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 79 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I shoot pool every Wednesday...would you like to just auto-forward lectures for me weekly?? LOL Sadly, there's really no other behavior that I can substitute for smoking while out at the bar...save for biting my nails, perhaps. Mints, candies, and all that stuff don't usually go too well with a beer :( though that will probably be a moot point soon too, as we plan to quit drinking completely (well, at least I do) within the next couple months. Then I will be shooting pool and sucking on candies all night, I guess! Thanks for the support you guys, including Casey...it's nice to think that maybe someone will learn something from my experience. ~The Nurse [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 666 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $198 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
By the way Nurse - Next time before you go to play pool -- post here and let us know that you're going....that way we can all lecture you, or, we can all give you some extra support - whatever works best for you! ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,425.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 21

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 232 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Nurse, Sorry to hear about the slip. I think the thing to take from this is to have a full-blown game plan for when this situation happens again. Because you know it will, over and over, until you conquer it. So figure out what your alternative behavior is going to be and map it out in detail so that, instead of plugging in the autosmoke behavior, you can plug in some other behavior. OK, lecture over. We still love you. Legend [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 243 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
Changing, 1) No, and 2) Yes!!! Just what I needed to hear! Mom, I don't think confidence had anything to do with it...I think I was just all hormonally out of whack and from there it just went downhill. Nah, maybe you're right...maybe I was just over-confident (who knows me better than you?!). We've both been getting a little more out-of-hand than usual the last couple weeks at pool--hangovers and stuff where there weren't any before. I think we've both gotten that craziness out of our system. I know my resolve is back as strong as it was pre-slip, hopefully hubby's is too! Thanks for all your support, I'm back on the febulous wagon!!! ~Nursey (aka Carolyn) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 651 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $193.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nurse - 2 questions: (1)Do you have any cigarettes right now in your possession? (2)Today, are you a nonsmoker? If you answered "no" to (1) and "yes" to (2), well then, by golly you're still a Februarian! You're not getting rid of us that easily! :eg: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,448 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,425.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 21

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nurse, Take it as a bad dream (nightmare I would say) and go on with your quit. It was an experience you�ve had to face, now it�s over and you�re back to be a no-smoker. Right? :)Good luck, mitri [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 61 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 306 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$295,210.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 22

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nursey, I know you must be disappointed in yourself and hubby. You know that your pool nights are a MAJOR trigger. You worked through them a few times, and now that you are feeling stronger, (and you know that you are) you figured a couple of puffs weren't so bad. No lectures, just get back on board and be ready for that crave next time. Have something to divert that crave (I prefer chocolate)and kick the nicodemons ash. Have hubby hold him while you kick him in the ash. As long as hubbys two hands are busy, he can't smoke! Minor setback, now move forward! Luvs ya babycakes! MomMom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,539 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $247.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
Ok, I've been dreading posting this... I slipped. Hubby and I were out for our usual Wednesday night pool league, and I was doomed from the second I walked in the door. I felt the 'nic fit' start almost instantly, and told him I was feeling it. He said he was too. I managed to make it through about 5 hours, even though he fell off the wagon a couple hours before that. It started with letting him exhale in my face. Then, as I recited "NOPE" in my head, I took 2 drags off of his next cigarette. Then I bummed one off the bartender. In my defense my drags were few and far between (I think I took 3 before I put it out). I entered that information when I logged on here, and it gave me good information...feel bad, but get over it and move on. I was very tempted to just keep it to myself, but I felt compelled to come on here and tell you all that I slipped. Man, I hit 40 days and somebody tells me "time for a reward" and what do I do? I smoke. Sorry to dampen the good mood, and I hope you all can forgive me (even though I know I didn't do anything to you personally, but I feel like I let all the Feb-u-lous Februarians down). [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 648 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $193.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4

Reading this thread: