Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Roller Coaster Withdrawal

Timbo637

2024-10-14 12:28 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.766 posts in 47.065 threads.

161,176 Members

Please welcome our newest members: hockey-maya, AppleCider, NeedHelpPlease, Elsajean, sebbes

May Quitters Role Call

17 years ago 0 216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Not sure why I feel so good lately, but I ain't complaining. I think I finally got out of the fog. Maybe this is how I should've been feeling all the years of smoking. All I know is something is different with me and I LOVE IT!!! I hope you too will feel it soon. All the best to you. D2Q [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 142 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,852 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $426 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
Get yout butt moving!! I've been working out for about a week or so now and it feels great. Just walking on the treadmill for about 20 minutes a day and doing some stomache crunches (that's where all my weight seemed to get added). I haven't lost any weight, but I do feel more tones and better about myself. If we can quit the smokes, we can lose thw weight. ;p Now get going!! D2Q [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 142 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,848 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $426 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
Okay what's a hoofer duffer?? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 142 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,848 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $426 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 577 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anyone around? I'm on a day off from work and filling a spare moment or 2 before my daughter and I head off to the gym, 1st visit and I'm feeling a little nervous, got 30 pound of no smoking excess bagage to figure out how to get rid of. I read the weight watch threads but you've got to understand that me and exercise are virtual strangers...apart from in the work context, I'm a nurse, but even work hasn't stopped me piling it on. I know that Penitent will tell me to stop being so soft and get on with it, good advice. Shevie will tell me to be patient that things settle down after 6 months or so, equally good advice. Free will tell me that she's lost 10 pounds and counting and to stick with it.... How are the rest of us May quitters? D2Q, Mrs Payfer and child...actually you're allowed to gain weight! Wish me luck cos I really do feel nervous, how very odd, at this moment I think I'd prefer to be facing a charging bull than to show some skinny good looking woman my spreading flesh and have her advise me how to get rid of my spare tyres! Best regards, Lilly :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 160 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,813 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �800 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
  • Quit Meter

$296,257.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5401 Hours: 21

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Now if any of you would prefer me to stay on site and help with advice about how I did my quit then I'm quite prepared to cancel my exercise session.....anyone need some support, honestly it will be a wrench to cancel but I'll do it.....just someone to talk to for a while, I'm your man, woman actually...I'll cancel and go to the gym next week, no problem.... :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 160 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,813 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �800 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$296,257.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I'm with D2Q, I think I'd better stay at home and research what a hoofer doofer is... oh, and look it's raining and in Cornwall that's a sign of heavy mist.. and maybe even fog and then we may get lost.......but my daughter is pulling me off the chair, she says we've got to go....she says I'm a prime wuss. OK, Penitent and D2Q I have been very proud to be in your company these past months but I may not survive this session intact!! "I have to go outside now, and I may be gone for a while" !! (Apologies to a very brave man) Luckless Lilly :8o: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 160 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,814 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �800 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$296,257.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Penitent, of course, I remember now, thought hoofer doofer had a familiar ring to it...and Noel Edmunds!! what a comeback he's having at the moment!! Your current health stats are absolutely brilliant..I definitely need to do what you're doing and aim to achieve what you've achieved. I think I've been a bit soft on myself using my quit as an excuse but I think after nearly 6 months I should able to cope with a bit of discipline. I daren't have a medical MOT at the moment, I was told yesterday afternoon at the weigh in that my BMI showed overweight, close to obese...I'm probably hypertensive due to the weight...and at risk of developing type 2 diabetes due to the sugary rubbish I keep snacking on...and I can't guess where my cholesterol level is!! I've just got to find some exercise that I find enjoyable rather than looking on it as a chore...bike riding maybe? (What a sight that would be!) Anyway, first session in 2 hours..I'm starting to feel nervous already! Best regards, Lilly :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 161 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �805 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$296,257.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

OK, Doodlebug...make me really envious and tell me that you haven't gained an ounce since you quit!! ;p Best regards, Lilly. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 161 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �805 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$296,257.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Free, Good on you, it isn't fashionable to enter the service professions and you certainly won't get rich doing it, (unless the salary is vastly different in the US compared with the UK) but it's socially invaluable work and personally very rewarding (my view). With your level of determination and motivation you won't need luck but I send it to you anyway and with all my best wishes because it's no breeze to combine full time study and look after the family. With that level of commitment facing you I should forget the gym, the pounds are going to come rolling off!! Best regards, Lilly :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 161 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �805 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$296,257.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks Danielle, I definitely like the idea of swimming because Riverdale Man makes it sound so enjoyable but it's a bit of a catch 22 as I'll need to loose the weight before I can show myself in public in a swimming costume !! :blush: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 161 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,846 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �805 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$296,257.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: