Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

again for me too

14 years ago 0 278 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
deb,

Keep on that quit, and we will help you through.  Tough couple days eh?  My engine went in my car, and I am looking at a lot of dough to fix most likely.  I have no idea why I am not in the same boat... but I guess I just want a new car and not a smoke.  You can do this, I am rooting for you!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/3/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 111
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,665
Amount Saved: $832.50
Life Gained:
Days: 12 Hrs: 2 Mins: 27 Seconds: 2

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ummmm......sure!  Wish I had read this before I got another bag of $2 nuts 4 nuts honey roasted almonds from the streeet vendor at 47th and 7th!!!   LOL!!!  Keep taking it one day at a time Deb!  You'll go far!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 336
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 13,440
Amount Saved: $3,360.00
Life Gained:
Days: 50 Hrs: 5 Mins: 21 Seconds: 14

14 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Deb This is awsome.
Moss,Rock and Bob will dust their speedos and crocs and wait for you for your 50 days celebration!.LOL
Have a great nonsmoking day my friend. Hang on. This too shall pass!
Marivi

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 180
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,700
Amount Saved: $270.00
Life Gained:
Days: 20 Hrs: 12 Mins: 36 Seconds: 55

14 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deb.......

Wish I could give you the map for finding your way through this, but we all know we have to find our own way.   I will brush up on my cabana boy skills again and I'm sure the rest of the boys here will join me.  Come on Guys------50 days to our first Cabana Boy Fest.

Good Wishes Deb.  I know how difficult this can be.  Lean on your pals here.

Moss

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/19/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 611
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,165
Amount Saved: $2,062.13
Life Gained:
Days: 99 Hrs: 15 Mins: 13 Seconds: 50

14 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
deb,

Despite you feeling down and having to fight those awful cravings, you have managed to hang on to that great sense of humor of yours, and your positive attitude is still shining through! Good on ya!
Stay strong Deb We're all here for you, and we all know that you can and will remain smoke free

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
14 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Deb!!!

Hugs to you, buddy!!!   Ice water, breath deep and keep that sword sharpened!!!  When that isn't enough, we're here to pull you out of that funk!!!  If you need some one on one, I'm on the IM all day at work, well, except for lunch! 

Positive Mental Attitude!!!  You ARE stronger than the nico-demon, honest!!!  Kick it's ash!!!

Jim

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 504
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 12,600
Amount Saved: $2,079.00
Life Gained:
Days: 85 Hrs: 10 Mins: 23 Seconds: 27

• Quit Meter

$44,377.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1062 Hours: 1

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi Cas-- it looks like you are about to embark on this journey too (if I'm reading your meter right).  Thanks for your support.

((((((And hi too Marvini))))))))!  You put your picture up!  Holy cow are you beautiful.  Your picture reminds me of Ann Margaret.  Nice to see you :)  And also nice to see you are still here going strong.  The drink sounds really appealing.  I'll give it a try today.

Thank you too Jules.  Your words will help me stay grounded today.  I'm not feeling very strong, but I still know how to move my mouth into the nope word. 

And breather, I made it through the night.  I didn't sleep very well and had t get up in the night.  I read posts mainly and fretted about the time clicking away..... but was finally able to get back to sleep.

(((((( Kaiser and Bob)))))))  You both know that I only came back for some cookies and a ride, right?  What a cool reward that would be.  Thank you both for showing up along with the others.

Status today is: feeling very bad!  Withdrawals are hard and heavy.  I woke up feeling like someone replaced my brain with green beans and cotton candy.  I have to lead groups today and really hope they don't mind watching me drool on my shirt for two hours straight.  Then pantomime the sponge bob theme song.... then spontaneously burst into tears as my fabo encore.  uuhhhhhh.  So I'm walking through the nicotine tar and sledge that is fondly remembered as day 2.  It feels so horrible.  Don't ever go back, don't ever go back, don't ever go back.  It's painful and wretched.  If anything good comes out of this relapse, I hope it serves as an ugly reminder to those of you who are on the fence right now, wondering if just one could hurt.  Lemme tell you, it hurts a lot in every possible sense.

Have to get ready for something right now..... oh yeah.  work.  can someone mapquest to me where the heck I'm supposed to go???  Or pick me up by motorcycle and make sure I make it there?  And feed me a cookie cause i forgot where the kitchen is too..... help!?

And my commitment for today: I will not smoke no matter how lost I get, how drooly, or how stupid I sound.  Nor will I smoke if I break my pickles, or someone breaks my heart.  I won't even smoke if I screw up the sponge bob song.  Nope.  Just gonna get through this. 
deb

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/21/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 1
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 24
Amount Saved: $9.60
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 3 Mins: 37 Seconds: 25

14 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry I'm late deb.......My hand is ready for you to grab too.  Welcome back and never Quit Quitting.  It's gonna stick this time.
Glad things are good for you in the new place too.

Keep the Quit
huggggggs and cooookies
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 176
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 5,280
Amount Saved: $739.20
Life Gained:
Days: 36 Hrs: 20 Mins: 16 Seconds: 42

14 years ago 0 1387 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deb:
    Here is another hand.  Let us help where we can and keep us posted.
Kaiser

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 7/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 357
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,925
Amount Saved: $446.25
Life Gained:
Days: 71 Hrs: 22 Mins: 17 Seconds: 23

14 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cydeb  If you haven't smoked today you're the same as me. Seems like yesterday was the day for bad news but that was yesterday. Remember to do this one day at a time. If the day seems too long go one hour at a time. If an hour's too long go minute by minute or even moment by moment.  Better days ahead. breather breathing better.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/11/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 253
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 12,650
Amount Saved: $6,072.00
Life Gained:
Days: 46 Hrs: 9 Mins: 4 Seconds: 23

Reading this thread: