Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,518 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

trying to cope

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Woohoo Deb!  Congrats on 86 days smoke free!  A reward is in order!  And I smelled my roses this morning before I left for the airport!  I love this time of year as everybody's roses are in bloom and they smell so wonderful!  Thanks for reminding us to take some time and take in the wonderful aromas of nature!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 286
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,440
Amount Saved: $2,860.00
Life Gained:
Days: 42 Hrs: 17 Mins: 59 Seconds: 5

14 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great job Cvdeb!

You've given yourself a priceless gift! Enjoy the benefits and don't forget to reward yourself well.............you certainly deserve it!

How are things working out with the house hunting?

Faryal, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Kelly, you and your children are beautiful!  That is such a great picture of all of you.  Thanks for checking on me.  Thank you too Rock, Marvini, Moss, and Breanne (that's a great picture of you too!).  It's nice to see people's faces.  I love that.

I just realized this morning that I have passed the amount of days I had last time when I slipped.  Last time, I had reached about 2 1/2 months when I went bonkers and smoked.  This is the longest I've ever been smoke free!  And closing in on 3 months!  That feels SO good.  I'm still waiting for the day when I don't have strong urges.  They do still pop up.  But they really are further and further apart..... and some days I don't think of smoking at all.  Forgetting about smoking is actually a miracle to me.  Who would have thought?

You are all so cool.  Breathe deep and long today, and congratulate yourselves.  Stop and smell some roses while you're at it.  There's so much to be thankful for. 

deb

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/8/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 86
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,064
Amount Saved: $619.20
Life Gained:
Days: 8 Hrs: 21 Mins: 22 Seconds: 34

14 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear things are perking up for you!  XOXOXO
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 216
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 8,640
Amount Saved: $1,728.00
Life Gained:
Days: 24 Hrs: 8 Mins: 30 Seconds: 11

• Quit Meter

$52,350.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 740 Hours: 11

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

14 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cvdeb,

Glad to see you are feeling better in spirits and more hopeful about finding a new home. Hope your search brings you to something promising that brings you and your family happiness.

To change the price of cigarettes, click under "my profile" and after making the changes, ensure you click on "update my profile" in order to reflect the changes.

Keep up the great work and happy house hunting!

Faryal, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deb, glad to hear you are doing a little bit better!  I think we have twin noses.  I can smell smoke on somebody a mile away too!  Isn't it amazing how sensitive how sense of smell has become?  Good news about house hunting!  And that is really cool news that the house you grew up in is now for rent at a decent price!  See, I told you there would be plenty of rainbows for you!    As for changing the price of cigs, you can do that under my profile.  I need to update mine too! 
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 278
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,120
Amount Saved: $2,224.00
Life Gained:
Days: 41 Hrs: 13 Mins: 17 Seconds: 56

I'm starting to feel a little better..... and have been very good about the resting thing.  My eldest son just came home from college and he has been a Godsend.  Love him.

I've also been househunting online.  Fortunately, there's lots out there.  Today, I even saw that the house I grew up in is for rent!  That was a cool house and in my price range.

Yesterday one of my friends came to visit.  She's a smoker still.  She went outside to smoke, and I swear, I could smell the smoke in the house even though she was outside.  My nose has become so sensitive to that smell and I hate that smell.  And my nose might be even more sensitive at the moment because I'm still a bit sick. 

The few times I've been out of the house, it has been to get groceries.  People still seem to be buying cigarettes like crazy.... the new prices haven't seemed to slow many down.  Speaking of that-- Mod's, is there a way to change the prices of cigarettes on our quit meters?  I'd love to see a true accounting of what I'm really saving!  Besides my life :)

Well-- enough of this slightly random post.  Mainly I wanted to check in so I can continue to keep my nose clean.
xo's for you all.
deborah

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 78
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,872
Amount Saved: $561.60
Life Gained:
Days: 8 Hrs: 2 Mins: 10 Seconds: 21

14 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Huggggggg
Hope it's better today deb.

Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 115
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,450
Amount Saved: $483.00
Life Gained:
Days: 24 Hrs: 2 Mins: 16 Seconds: 34

Just checking in quickly.  I'm so so sick!  I'm hoping this is the peak day and that the antibiotics will really start kicking in.  I was dumb to try and work and think I set myself back..... but was very good today.  Slept a lot.  Stayed off the phone. 

Because I was resting a lot today, I started thinking about smoking personalities.  We are a little bit of a rebellious lot which can serve us well in some situations.  Makes for interesting personalities for sure.  In other situations (like listening to people about how bad smoking is, or listening to your doctor), it doesn't serve us so well.

Going to eat a little bit, and back off to the couch.  Thanks for listening and checking on me.
deb

My Milage:

Smoke-Free Days: 74
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,776
Amount Saved: $532.80
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 16 Mins: 52 Seconds: 12

14 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cvdeb,

So sorry to here about your pneumonia!  that sounds awful!  I'm glad you sound like your in high spirits though.  We are thankful to you as well cvdeb.  You add a lot to the forums and I'm sure I can speak for everyone by saying we are always here and happy to help!  Keep us updated and rest, rest, rest!

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: