Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,491 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

now I am beginning to understand addiction

15 years ago 0 80 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sweeper, Phone Home.
What's going on??

peteg

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/10/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 53
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,650
Amount Saved: $596.25
Life Gained:
Days: 9 Hrs: 19 Mins: 45 Seconds: 11

15 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
bump

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 65
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,950
Amount Saved: $273.00
Life Gained:
Days: 13 Hrs: 14 Mins: 35 Seconds: 20

15 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great work on making it through Hell.  Your journey is just beginning and will have highs and lows, ups and downs, but it will get better.  Keep your eye on the prize.  The list of benefits of being an ex-smoker are so long and so great.......I am thankful for my renewed breath and smell...and the STRENGTH to overcome the nico-demon.  You are bigger than it!!!!!!  You are the boss.......Read the forums.  Update your blogs.  Immerse yourself in this site.  We all feel are on the same journey and want to help each other succeed. 

Go for it!

Dave

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/19/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 24
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 720
Amount Saved: $158.40
Life Gained:
Days: 4 Hrs: 1 Mins: 14 Seconds: 4

• Quit Meter

$50,416.83

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1123 Hours: 4

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 80 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dude, that is about the coolest thing I ever heard: temporary inconvenience, permanent improvement.  I've been to Columbus many times and the roads around the airport are ALWAYS torn up!  Have been for years!  It's a LONG haul to that permanent improvement; my last big quit was 9 months, and my patience ran out.  The cool thing about your metaphor is that in Columbus, you don't have a choice:  you HAVE to wait it out and deal with it day to day.  Would that I lived in Columbus.  In the past, when I got impatient, I just caved.  No caving in Columbus:  you'll never get there if you do.
That so totally works for me!!
Thanks
pete

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/10/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 2
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 100
Amount Saved: $22.50
Life Gained:
Days: 0 Hrs: 12 Mins: 28 Seconds: 17

15 years ago 0 597 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hell week is behind you now.  CONGRATS!!!!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/22/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 113
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,520
Amount Saved: $904.00
Life Gained:
Days: 12 Hrs: 18 Mins: 45 Seconds: 50

• Quit Meter

$52,280.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 739 Hours: 11

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sweepr05,

Congrats, you made it through Hell Week, give yourself a pat on the back!  Members have given you great advice...it WILL get easier!  Firm up your quit plan and strategies and let us know if you need some extra help or feedback, we're all here for you

Hang in there!

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 916 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sweeper!!!
  Congratulations
        YOU SURVIVED THE WORST!!!! QUEEP IT GOING
MARIVI

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 20
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 300
Amount Saved: $30.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 7 Mins: 47 Seconds: 59

15 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It WILL get better.....you have made it through the absolute toughest days....Hell Week....WELL DONE.  The nicotine is out of your system now and your body is beginning it's recovery and repair process.  The physical withdrawl is mostly gone now. 
What you are feeling now are the mental cravings and at first it's hard to tell the difference....believe me..  All you know is you want a smoke!!
Now is when you have to recognize your triggers and begin the changing process about them.  Stay away from places you smoked before.....Keep thinking why you stopped......talk yourself through each crave.......reward yourself for making it through......do the things everyone here did.
My craves are worst after I eat now........because I did enjoy a smoke after a meal.  I'm sleeping better now than I was.....but I had to nap when I could during those first 2 weeks.....Time felt like it would never move on.......I spent a lot of time here reading and trying to understand.
I promise it will get better for you..........When I can't say for sure.......but if you're like me.......toward the end of your second week you'll start to see things changing.  It starts being a lot easier to say I don't want to smoke.
I'm pulling for you.......it ain't easy but if I can do it......you can do it.
IT WILL GET BETTER

Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 16
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 480
Amount Saved: $67.20
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 10 Mins: 0 Seconds: 30

15 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I totally know what you are going through!!!! I have not been able to sleep either with my mind racing trying to relax but I can't- I even took 3 Tylenol PM's last  night and that didn't do it for me- helped me relax but not fall asleep. I felt that I just wanted to go back to smoking so I could feel normal again, and I know that isn't the case. But this is my first time quitting and I almost feel that maybe I need several times quitting to get better at it!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 20
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 200
Amount Saved: $50.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 10 Mins: 25 Seconds: 58

15 years ago 0 355 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sweepr05 - I don't have many words of wisdom tonight.  But I wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and hoping that you feel better and calmer soon.  We all understand what you're going through - you are not alone in this.  Just keep thinking about how bad you're going to feel if you blow a 7 day quit!  Yay for you...you made it through Hell Week!!!  You need to celebrate!!!
Angie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/30/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 44
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 528
Amount Saved: $232.32
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 22 Mins: 55 Seconds: 41

Reading this thread: