Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

new phase-- uncomfortable

15 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yea, I can't seem to get the search working either. 

I'm right behind ya Deb 49 days for me.  I have had these thoughts also "Is this it? Now what?"  but when I think of it - yes this is it!  I am now a non smoker - millions of people get through each day of their lives not smoking and they seem to survive just fine.  I just put those thoughts down as the Nico demon trying to find a small area to squeeze in and try to make me smoke again.  He's loosing the battle and making me feel like I am missing him, that I need him, that my life will be boring without him....

I think NOT! 

Rome was not built on a day and I have been smoking for over 30 years I cannot expect it to just stop after that many years.  It will be a challange but never the less a challange that I do plan on overcomming!   You will to - over 50 days just think of it - thats almost 2 months - 1/6 of a year already! Before you know it the Winter will have passed and Spirng will have come then Summer etc.  life goes on and so will you and you will be doing it without the need of a cigarette!

Laurie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 49
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,225
Amount Saved: $260.31
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 9 Mins: 57 Seconds: 21

15 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deb, my search feature is not working, and it runs slow from dial-up.  Sorry. Perhaps someone else will recognize it and find it.  It has been bumped up a few times in the last year.

Remember......This too shall pass.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/19/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 324
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,860
Amount Saved: $1,093.50
Life Gained:
Days: 52 Hrs: 2 Mins: 59 Seconds: 49

15 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You bet Deb......I hit this a bit later but yeah, I used to sit and wonder, " now what the hell do I do".  There are some good posts in the archives about this phase. I think one is originally from Mr. Ed.  I'll look around a bit and bump it if I can find it.  I thunk it's called No Man's Land.  i'll look right now. It's a good read.

Now, back to Cabana school. I am just on a lunch break.  Today we are working on shaking your hinder whilst walking.

Moss

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/19/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 324
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,860
Amount Saved: $1,093.50
Life Gained:
Days: 52 Hrs: 2 Mins: 57 Seconds: 52

15 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just boarded the cruise ship, and I am entering a new phase to this quit that is uncomfortable..... ML was just writing about it and I really understood what he was saying..... it's not that I want a cigarette so much as I miss the habit of it.  I'm experiencing this feeling of "is this it?!  Is this what I worked so hard for?  Cause this feels a bit empty and a little boring to boot." 

I know my cognitive-behavioral stuff pretty well, and I think that I haven't done a very good job replacing old behaviors with new ones.  I've just stopped smoking.  And now there is a vacuous space that is trying to suck me in where the smoking used to be.  Do you guys know what I'm talking about?  Plus, I do know that I'm a little down.

But the thoughts of filling in that vacuum with my old habit has been filling my head today.  I've got 8 hours of groups to run back to back (during which (ironically) I will be teaching cognitive-behavioral techniques).  I also know that I'm tired too..... so my goal today is to just get through as best as I can.  But, I think I really need to sit down and start building some new habits into my regular routine, along with some fairly easy and reliable rewards.  I don't want to backslide, and it feels like I am!  Is this unusual??  Has anyone felt this stuff around 50 days?

help??
Deb

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/18/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 51
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,224
Amount Saved: $367.20
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 3 Mins: 46 Seconds: 39

Reading this thread: