Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,682 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

I need help

17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kita I can't speak to the subject of your son, as I do not know him. I can however, hear the hurt, anger, regret and frustration in your words. Quitting this addiction is not an easy thing, just as bearing up under the weight of your son's situation is not an easy thing. However, loving yourself by not smoking is the best that you can do for yourself at this moment. And it is you that is the most important person in this equation. Think on this...When you accomplish this goal, how much better and prouder will you be of yourself? How much more confidence wiil you find within yourself? And as you feel stronger in yourself for having taken on and beaten such a vile addiction as ours, how much better will you be able to help your son deal with his trials in this life... There is no down side to quitting. It takes work sometimes, but in the end things only get better and better... Stay well...There are many people who are invested in your success, we want to count you among them... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $945 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 25 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kita - Please be careful bringing in the wine to relieve stress with craves - not a good combination! Many have lost their quits here w/alcohol. Blessings and Light- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 430 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 15,076 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1999.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 56 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Alohakeia, I will be waiting for you to pull you aboard.:) Angelcapp I will be looking for you ;p :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 992 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $318.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One of these days I'll get the hang of making messages fancy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,943 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $326.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[center]YEAH, KITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/center] You Did It!!!! [size=3]Text[/size][color=Black]I'm proud of you girl...now get to that boat so I have someone to give me a hand up.[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,943 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $326.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kita, You do get on the ship tomorrow and I will be there to greet you! You are doing so good. Drinking the wine was fine, hope you really enjoyed it and relaxed a bit! Sounded like you needed to. Be strong, even when you don't want to anymore! You can do this! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,735 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $345 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for all your encouraging words. I guess this to shall pass. I did not smoke but I did open myself a bottle of wine which is something I never do but I did and sat back and had a few glasses. I also took splenty of deep breaths and yelled. I didn't want to lose my quit and I think I get on the Ship tomorrow. Thanks again :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 49 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 988 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $318.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hope Today is a brighter day Kita! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,633 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $685.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kita, I am feeling your pain, and I understand it. I know you won't smoke, because you have already learned that it won't help. You son is a man, and as tough as it is to hang up on him, you did what you had to do! It's OK! You did not make this choice for him, HE did! And as hard as it will get for him, it is going to have to be HE that gets himself in order. You cannot do that for him, and nor should you! You had to do your quit for youeself , and when he is ready he will have to do his own quit. So cry alittle, scream alot or vice versa, let the feelings of frustration fly out the door for now. Or vent some more with us, we are here! Hang in there girl! Smoking is not an option, NOPE! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,623 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $675.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kita, You are almost at 50 days and this is commendable. Take some time to refocus and know that smoking is not the answer. We are here to listen and assist in every way we can, so keep the quit and don't smoke! Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: