Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,682 Members

Please welcome our newest members: TNIKKA, SKARYLE KATE, BMARC ANTHONY, MNJD, kybrg

Having a Rough Day

17 years ago 0 46 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! All of you for your support and all your advice. I read each of your responses carefully and pulled something from each of you. I will hold my head up high and plow this horrible day. Tomorrow will be better. Back to work tomorrow and very busy so this will help tremendously. I think being off work last Thursday and Friday made it too long for me to be home. I thought I needed a few days off but I think it only gave me too much time on my hands. Again thank you all and I hope I can return the favor. Stay Smoke Free Jersy ;)
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jersey, I had a bad go yesterday afternoon and pulled out a straw and had a few "drags" I guess you would call it. My husband gave me the "what the h___? " is that look ,and I said never mind, I just need a boost here. It helped. It got me thru that period. Don't let a little cigarette ruin or run your life, you are BIGGER and BETTER than that! Keep strong! Take a few really deep breaths and tell yourself - YOU CAN DO THIS! YOU ARE STRONGER THAN A PUNY CIGARETTE! NOPE KEEP YOUR QUIT! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 518 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $211 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jersy, you're doing great! I think that what you're experiencing right now is quite natural. Recently I've had a few days like that too. Days where the craves are very insistant, very 'loud' and kind of overwhelming. I think my mind, self-image, psyche...call it what you will... is getting the message; I haven't taken a holiday from smoking. ...I'm NO LONGER A SMOKER! And the addict in me is realizing it. This for real, and it's for good. The addict is panicking... and being very overt, very demanding. It doesn't want to go quietly into that dark night. So judging from my own experience it's a bit like death throws. All of a sudden there's a great deal of craving activity... followed by quiet. Yesterday was a big craving day, and today is a very quiet day. And I think that's OK. It's just my mind and emotions coming to grips with the changes in my life and in my identity. Yesterday I spend a lot of time on SSC and in looking up info (from several good sources) and testimonials from ex-smokers, on the net. I called a few people, I went out and got a hair-cut... I took extra time just to look around and appreciate the beautiful Spring weather we're having. Today I'm as happy as a clam :) I'm sure that I'll have more craving days, and more quiet days. And I expect that the quiet days will start to outnumber the craving days before too long. But, however it goes, I won't be smoking. And the stronger my conviction is about that, the less trouble I'm going to have with cravings. If I leave the door open a crack, "I won't smoke unless... until..." ...that just feeds the cravings. If the door is closed, "no matter what"... the cravings have nothing to feed off of. You're going to be great!! Keep your eyes on the prize... and enjoy today! You have that right! Claim it and act on it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 492 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
jersy, Great job on TWO WEEKS down! Those first couple are a bear so you should be really proud. Are you rewarding yourself along the way? It's a big part of wanting to stay quit. Are you able to go out for a walk or a short bike ride? Maybe hit the gym or do some stretching? Sounds like you've been inside for a while - maybe getting out will give you a little boost. Even shopping for a small reward might distract you. If not, what about a hot bath with candles and lots of things that smell good now that you can smell ;) Do you have a hobby or something that can let you just veg out? Putting together a jigsaw puzzle or doing a crossword puzzle or something. If it were me - I'd probably go for renting a movie and going to bed early. Sometimes sleep is the easiest way to just end the day. You'll get through it and it will get better. All the best [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 962 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 19,253 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4329 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 74 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$37,121.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 642 Hours: 1

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jersy, Keep persevering! Perhaps it's time for a reward? You are celebrating two full weeks after all. Try a hot shower for your headache. It may help. Keep taking it one hour at a time. This rough day will pass. Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
First off, super congratulations for TWO WEEKS! That is an awesome milestone that you've hit, one that deserves a reward! I had a few tough days around that time and I can tell you they will pass. Meanwhile, enlist the spouse and kids...so that you can drink a cool glass of ice tea or lay down for a lovely nap. Can you take a walk? Maybe just sequester yourself with a good book or movie. In any case, take care of YOU by taking care of your quit or said another way, take care of your quit by taking care of YOU! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 832 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23,315 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2912 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 115 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$55,047.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 650 Hours: 2

Minutes: 32 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hello everyone!!!!!!! Today is day 14 for me and its the worse craving day I have had since I quit. No matter what I do I can not seem to shake this craving. I am chewing gum and staying busy but its hard. I am cleaning, doing laundry and making a sauce for supper. I feel like I am crashing. I have such a headache and nothing seems to be taking it away. Any suggestions?????????? My kids and husband have been great but today I feel like I need to keep to myself so that I do not snap at anyone!!!!!! I keep telling myself I can not smoke now I have come to far but its hard!!!!!!! Help!!!Help!!!!!!!! Jersy
Hey guys!!!!!! I am back, I finally got my milage to show up. Anyways just wanted to let you know I figured it out. Jersy LOL [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 358 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jersy, We are so happy you had a good day! We wish you many more! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
Hey guys, how do I show my stats. They do not seem to be showing and its 17 days today that quit. Help!!!!!!!!with the stats!!!!!!!!!please!!!!!!!! Jersy

Reading this thread: