Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Tell Me Yours

17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
After having a bit of a hard day today I had to add one more. 1) SELF RESPECT. I made it through a day...gave thanks to God many times...and have pride in my day today. Some of us have had a hard day today. I remembered this thread and went to see if there were new additions to it. I was sooooo glad to see more. It gives me the boost of determination I needed. Thanks guys, Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 636 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $138.57 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey guys... There was quit a few positive posts tonight and I am sooo surprised how much it has helped me. It makes me so glad I quit and melts any negative crave feelings away. Maybe we should list some positive things about our quits and share!! Share them no matter how silly. 1) I have so much more time in the mornings getting ready for work. I don't feel rushed and even get some extra chores done before I leave. 2) Here is my silly one. Please don't laugh. I love my little dog. I adopted her. She was a hurricane Katrina survivor. Well..she loves to kiss and cuddle. I would have a cigarette and then when she would come up to me and want to cuddle and give me kisses she would do this little sniffle snort thing!! Cuz I must stink to her. She has not done that once since I quit. Poor thing had to put up with my bad smelling breath and body. 3) went to buy a bagel at work and I couldn't believe the $5 and $10 dollar bill was STILL IN MY WALLET. Money is acumulating in my wallet. Well.. there is my latest three. I would love to read yours. Lots of support Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 557 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120.69 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey y'all! I LOVE being a non-smoker! 1. My house smells good! 2. Food tastes great and I use much less salt. 3. I feel more energetic. 4. My cat stays in my lap longer. 5. My dog does too, it's getting a little crowded! 6. My hair smells good! Just a few that came into my head. Mostly I like my new title of "Non- smoker"!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 355 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $92 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy, What a wonderful idea. 1. I have had to opportunity to develop some wonderful friendships here at SSC. I am partying more in the last 5 weeks than I have in 15 years. 2. I am truly a happier person and smile a lot more. 3. I can sit in a meeting and not start pulling my hair out after a couple of hours. 4. I am not afraid to talk to friends in unexpected places (I was a closet smoker and I was always afraid that people would smell the smoke. You know that they did :) ) 5. I have more time to spend with my supportive husband and wonderful children. Thanks for reminding us that we have a lot to be thankful for. We are truly blessed. A non-smoker. Julie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 694 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $119 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I feel so much prettier as a woman. I spend more time on my appearance now that I don't have to have "one more." I smell alot better too! No more bags under my eyes or yellow finger nails. I am in control of myself. I have quit. Nobody has done this for me, I have done it by myself (with the help of this support group), but when it comes down to it, I am the one in control of my body and mind. I will control what I do to it! I have a tremendous feeling of accomplishment! And that feels real good. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 613 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $168 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy, oh how I love positive threads! 1. I feel empowered to take back every aspect of my life and am doing a complete "makeover" of myself. 2. My daughter, Mother and Sisters are cheering me on 3. A stranger looks back at me from my mirror. Her eyes sparkle, her hair shines, her skin is soft and less wrinkled, she smiles a lot 4. My lungs don't rattle and whistle when I breathe 5. I have gained some weight but my body shape is changing for the better because I'm doing more excercise 6. I look forward to my future now instead of feeling regret for things that might have been There is more, but just seeing these six makes my heart sing. :) Pat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 847 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $294 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$121,075.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 964 Hours: 10

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Folks, It's way too soon in my quit to have the long lists that you have but, I'm proud of my little list. 1. My husband and three children are cheering me on and so happy that I have quit. 2. My 76 year old Momma can stop worrying about her youngest daughter so much and she's so happy that I've quit. 3. My house, car, and office smell so good now and my clothes, hair, and breath are fresh. 4. I no longer repulse my dog and cat. 5. I've found a great group of people here on this site and am still amazed that all of you are willing to take time out of your busy lives to spend with me. 6. As time goes by, I'll be able to add to my list. Well, my list wasn't too short after all. Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 108 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2.79 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 650 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello, There are a lot of positive about not smoking: -House is a lot cleaner -Everything including me smell sooo good -Food tastes sooo good -No more smoker's cough -My dog is getting to be in great shape because we can go for longer walks everyday without my getting out of breath -There are more hours in the day, because I don't need that 5 minutes to smoke every so often. -I save a lot of money on mouthwash and mints because I don't have to worry about bad breath. -Hubby is so proud of me, and I am so proud of him. Which makes us a very, very happy couple. Life is just wonderful!!! Loulou [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,608 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $212.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone - - My doctor is reducing my blood pressure medication - maybe even discontinue it altogether. - I do have a lot more money in my pocket. - I can finally workout longer than I ever have. - My house, car and clothes don't smell. - I used to use sandpaper to get the nicotine stains off of my fingers. - I have extra time in the morning. For the first time in my life, I make myself breakfast...every day. -- 2tone [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,537 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $297 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
  • Quit Meter

$357,635.25

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9150 Hours: 8

Minutes: 5 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow you guys are doing great. Have not been here in a while so welcome and congrats on quiting. At 6months or so there is a lot. I feel Great, breath easy. I have time and energy to spare. I love playing with my kids, and not stopping. My youngest started walking in November. It has been nice just to relax and slow down with him. We can go places and let him explore because I don't have to rush and get my fix. My 4yr had acute asthma in summer is now completely gone. I am now a role model for many of my family including hubby that still smokes. For the first time in our lives I am smarter than he is. ;p I feel free. It is a awesome feeling not to be chained to those cickaretts. My life is my own to do what I chose. I rarely even think about smoking anymore. I have confidence now. I know I can do anything I set my mind to. Life is good. Grace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 193 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,878 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $772 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37

Reading this thread: