Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

Life is a constant series of tests

17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Princess Monica YOU ROCK!!!! Keep up that fabulous positive attitude. Glad things are going so well for you and your hubby. :) Pat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 658 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $224 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
  • Quit Meter

$121,363.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 966 Hours: 14

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 6

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 247 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so sorry to hear about your husband. My husband is diabetic also so I really feel for you. You and your husband are in my thoughts and wish you well. jnine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 235 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $30.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 65 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MONICA, SORRY TO HEAR OF THE PROBLEMS THAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH AT THIS PRESENT TIME. YOU SOUND LIKE A VERY STRONG LADY, AND I KNOW YOU WILL COME THROUGH THIS WITH THE HELP OF THE MAN UP STAIRS. YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND HAVE ALL MY PRAYERS AND TAKE STRENGTH FROM ME IF YOU NEED IT. LOVE SLIVERS
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sending prayers Monica. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,111 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $277.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica, I don't post every day, but I look for your progress report on you and your husband. Congrats to you on not smoking during all this, and also for the never ending support you give to your husband. I just want you to know I'm keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 415 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $79.13 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
Monica, Thank you for posting and keeping us updated. My prayers are with you and your husband. I'm sending you all positive thoughts, hoping it will help! I wish there was more I could do to help you, but you are really doing great. You have a lot of strength. Stop and do something really nice for yourself, to take care of you through all this. Think of yourself as another person... what would you do for another who was going through this? Do it for yourself. Is it your 49th birthday cake? If so... Happy Birthday, and another reason to do something for YOU. Keep us posted! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 323 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
Monica, I'm so sorry to hear your news about your husband. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. JoAnn [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 253 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Monica, Was wondering what happened to our faithfull little Angel. How awful and stressful this must be for you. You and hubby will be in my prayers today. I'm just shocked you haven't broken down already and smoked. Good Karma comes to little angels like yourself...don't forget that. Things may get worse before they get better, but IT WILL GET BETTER! Smoking will only intensify the stress with stimulation and interfere with your sleep...and god knows you need your rest now whenever you can grab it. Keep the Quit...we are plugging for you... auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,577 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $147.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sending visions of strength and peace your way today. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 424 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Blue]Since my last post my husband has fallen deeper into a depression. It's been bad in the past but now, since his walking isn't improving very much due to the stroke on Jan. 21st he is even more than depressed than before. As a result it's taken it's toll on me and in the past I would have immediately reached for my pack of cig's, gone into my room and puffed away. NOT A CHANCE of that happening ! Luckily I was able to get him into see his psychiatrist - an emergency appointment. Hubby cried most of the time and expressed his "what's the point in rehab... I can't go on any longer like this with everything being done for me.. I'm feeling completely useless.." and so on. Who can blame him .. He's been through more in the past four years - and only now 52 yrs old, his life cut short when all of his friends are having fun, going to work, travelling etc. He is trying to be self sufficient but that isn't working out very well and as time goes on he will eventually have to be placed in a nursing home and the thought of that sends him into a full fledged panic attack. So, here I am doing what I can but also reminding myself that I too have to take care of my needs and wants, as well as keeping my anxieties in check. Here I am being the best person I can be - all without a smoke in hand. It's been tough, but, it could be worse. My glass is half full, the sky is blue and I can still feel the warmth of the sun regardless of the very cold wind on my face. I'll be around, here and there.. But for the most part I am getting out more often, seeing people quite a bit more and keeping my mind in check all of the time. Take good care all.. Protect your quit no matter what adversities you may face because a cigarette will NOT solve your problems. Love and hugs, Monica58[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,267 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $567 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25

Reading this thread: