Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Barely hanging in there

17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We have the same quit date. My worst blah days (so far) were yesterday and the day before (days 12 & 13). Today wasn't quite so bad. Hoping tomorrow will be better for you! I'll pray for your son. Keep hanging in there, girl. He deserves a healthy mama to come home to. You can do this :) Remember, be good to yourself right now. Treat yourself to whatever it takes to stay on the bandwagon! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 548 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $117 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rhonda, Glad to hear you're hanging in there. I'm sorry to hear about your son, but he will be so proud of your progress! Keep strong, take care of yourself. You and I are almost at the same place.....and I woke up today wanting a ciggie....more so than the last few days. Weird. However I won't give in....I'll use you as my inspiration! Take care. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 334 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $195 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wouldn't you know it?! internet problems again yesterday kept me from reading your posts, but I have remained smoke free!! Deep breaths and living in the moments like you suggested helped me. I want to have a happy, strong attitued soooo bad right now, but it is impossible.. 14 days, any ideas on much longer the "blues" will last??????? :quest: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 431 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 77 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi everyone! i'm back.. been without the SSC for a couple of days, but have been strong enough to stay "Quit". I'm soooo needy right now !! I'm here for a "Bump" from you guys! My son is in the military and has been serving in Iraq since March of last year. He was due to come home in early March, but we found out last night his stay has been extended for 125 more days. Old Nic is nagging at me really hard today. I have had no sleep and feel like I'm going CRAZY!! any encouragement would be deeply appreciated! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Take it easy, do it right. Don't rush to be joyous. Two weeks is not an unrealistic amount of time to allow to be feeling down in response to a major life event, just one of which is quitting smoking. As you know, smoking won't make you feel better- it will only perpetuate the cycle of feeling uneasy and smoking in an attempt to alleviate it then feeling uneasy, etc., etc., etc. You know, when we quit smoking we are left to having to actually experience all of these emotions. We're not used to it and they are all not pleasant. If negative feelings persist or inhibit daily functioning for a period, get help. Otherwise, give yourself plenty of berth, pamper yourself. You are doing what is best, it's just not easy. I know you want to be happy, read some other posts. there is a "blah" time to be considered too. Don't worry yet, you're doing just fine. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 165 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There's never a good time to quit and there is never a good time to smoke. My thoughts are with you. treat this like any other temptation. protect your quit. you're doing great. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rhonda - Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you and your son. You must be so proud of him and so scared at the same time. Give him the gift of a healthy Mom that will always be there for him and take care of yourself. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 124 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,494 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $620 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rhonda, So glad you've made 2 weeks some free!!!! That's quite an accomplishment. Your son will be so proud of you when he gets home! The "blues" definitely are a symptom of quitting. They do diminish in time. However, if they persist go see your doctor. Each time I tried to quit, depression sent me back to smoking. Finally...after many tries I went to my doctor and he wrote me a prescription for Zyban. If need be, talk to your doctor, and see what's right for you. All the best to you in this quit. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 41 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I believe that should say, " So glad you've made it 2 weeks smoke free!" This is only my second day not smoking, so as you can see, my mind's not quite with it!!! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 41 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 589 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rhonda, everything seems so much worse when you've had no sleep. My best advice...soak in a nice hot bathtub and relax. Take a book with you and read until your eyes are heavy. Put on your most comfortable pajamas. Climb into your bed and pull the covers over your head and sleep! Smoking isn't going to bring your son back earlier. I'm sorry to hear that he has to stay another 125 days. I have a cousin in Afghanistan, thankfully he got to come home for Christmas. Really anything to keep your mind occupied on something other than smoking will help that craving go away. Don't let old nic win Rhonda, you're doing so well! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 154 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,321 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $603.68 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38

Reading this thread: