Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,530 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

i am quiting the program

17 years ago 0 65 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
thanks phil. at least now i know i am not the only senior citizen on here trying to quit. i am at an age that i should know better. so embarassing for my grandchildren to know that i have been smoking. i even hid it from my husband for 1 year!! he never knew. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 128 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
I AM GLAD I CAME BACK TO THE PROGRAM. I AM DOWN TO 8 SMOKES NOW A DAY INSTEAD OF 2 PACKS WITH THE HELP OF NICORETTE GUM. I DID FEEL LIKE A LOOSER HAVING TO USE AND AIDE AND NOT QUIT COLD TURKEY. I READ A LOT OF THE POSTS AND FOUND OUT I WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT IS TRYING TO QUIT THIS WAY. SOUNDS LIKE THE GROUP THAT IS POSTING IS A LOT YOUNGER THAN I AM AND I GUESS I AM A LITTLE INTIMIDATED BY ALL THE ENERGY THEY HAVE COMPARED TO ME. ANY OLDER QUITTERS OUT THERE THAT CAN GIVE ME A HELPING HAND AS WELL. LIKE I SAID I QUIT FOR 36 YEARS AND HAVE STARTED AGAIN 3 YEARS AGO. I THINK THIS TIME IT IS HARDER THAN THE FIRST TIME. LET ME HEAR FROM YOU PLEASE!! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE TRYING WITH JUST A FEW DAYS IN, ITS REALLY HARD. SLIVERS
i am not ready to quit i think. i will try something else to see if it helps. i don't think i am committed to quitting at this time. i think i will try the nic patch or something else. this isn't working for me at this time. thanks for all the help, but for me it just wasn't enough at this time. i guess i have no will power. wish me luck with something else i will try. thanks all!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 54 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
HI, SINCE I QUIT THE PROGRAM LAST WEEK, I HAVE MADE A LITTLE PROGRESS NOW! MY GRANDAUGHTER IS A GREAT HELP. I DID BUT SOME NICORETTE GUM AND IT IS HELPING ME A LOT. INSTEAD OF SMOKING 2 PACKS A DAY I AM DOWN NOW TO ONLY 6 CIGS!! I THINK THAT IS A GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT FOR ME. I FEEL BETTER NOW AND I THINK I WILL FINALLY BE ABLE TO QUIT COMPLETELY. I WOULD LIKE A LITTLE MORAL SUPPORT IF AT ALL POSSIBLE AS I THINK IT WOULD BE A GREAT HELP TO ME. I KNOW EVERY ONE HERE HAS HAD TO STRUGGLE WITH THIS AWFUL ADDICTION, BUT I KNOW NOW I CAN DO IT. JUST GOING TO TAKE ME A LITTLE MORE TIME THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD.
KIWI, I DO READ THE POSTS AND HAVE NOW CUT WAY BACK WITH THE HELP OF NICORETTE GUM. PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP ON ME. I AM REALLY TRYING! AT LEAST IT IS A RIGHT START AGAIN FOR ME. I REALLY DO WANT TO QUIT. JUST HARDER THAN I THOUGHT. I REALLY NEED THE SUPPORT NOW. MY GRANDAUGHTER US A BIG HELP FOR ME NOW AND I LOVE HER SO MUCH FOR BEING THERE FOR ME. SLIVERS [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 105 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:( Please come back when you're ready! I'm sorry if I wasn't there to support you enough, being so self-involved! I'm going to strive to do better for the newbies. Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 94 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My biggest inspiration for quitting is my mom. She is 74 and gave up smoking last year, following a bout of illness. She woke up one day and just decided that enough was enough. Did it cold turkey & she hasn't smoked since. My mom had smoked for over 50 years (much of this time was behind my dad's back!) Well done for persevering and good luck. Clare [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 50 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
YAY SLIVERS!!!!!!!!!! Im so happy you came back! you will quit totally when you are ready and you have to do it your way. Thats the thing I have really learned here. Make sure you fix that meter though, so we know when you have had your last one and you can see the great job you are doing in $ signs! You can do it, if you need moral support you are in the right place RAWK ON! Peace Dawn [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 143 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $31.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
:( Keep reading the posts and maybe it will help you get to where you need to be! I will keep you in my thoughts! Peace Dawn [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 124 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep on keeping on slivers Its up to you and no one else all we can do is offer support and advice but its all you and I know you can do it. So buckle down and get tough on yourself look around you at all the non smokers you can and should be one . PS I am on my way to this being my final quit. Cold turkey as of today I am quitting the welbutrin its not for me to many side effects and tired of feeling lousy. Den2 ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 328 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $320 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59

Reading this thread: