Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,632 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Survey of the Severity of Urges over Time- Your Feelings and Input are needed

17 years ago 0 583 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
wow. Gonna did not relized you did fal. Well I am certinly glad you are on track. I was at day 4 when this first came up.It has diffently been a ride. Honestly on most days I do not even think of smoking. Even with a smoking husband. I am feeling fine and groovin. Then WHAM out of nowhere a crave will hit. In fact just the other day. Just a trigger I had not experinced yet. All of my coping skills have been in place for so long now. I was working threw it the whole time, just did not relize it. Smoking sucks, I no longer suck butts.( cigs that is.) I will not give in nor give up. No matter how big or small the craving is. I think at this point it is not the huge craving I have to worry about. It is those calm casual thoughts of smoking that I do not like... Grace I :p :p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 101 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,038 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $404 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
American smoke out [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 297 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,469 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1559.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome
17 years ago 0 47 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW Missyfit you really said it for me. I don't want to go through this again! I keep telling myself today that "maybe" I could just bum one off someone and that's all it would be, one here and there, when I "feel" like it. Who the heck am I kidding? Not myself, because I know one is never enough and a thousand is too many! I may somewhere in my brain want to smoke again, but the rational, caring part of me says, don't do it. I am having trouble sleeping and I am on sleeping pills for restless legs already and a muscle relaxant for my back, and I toss and turn at night now. This morning I had the wierdest sweats. It wasn't like I was actually sweating but I felt that sensation. And I am not quite at menopause age (i'm 41) so that isn't it. It has been 7 days today and I hate that this addiction is so strong that after 6 years quit, I went back for 2 years and I am struggling for like the 10th time to quit in these past 2 years. Cigarettes SUCK. Thanks for listening
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This thread contains an old post of mine right before I 'fell'. What a shame. Had I not taken a few days from my last quit to smoke I would have almost six months. It certainly wasn't worth it! However, I won't look behind me...I'm walking straight ahead at a slow and steady pace! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,527 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $560 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have had one crave since my third week quit. I still have smoking triggers from time to time, but they don't turn into craves as I do not have any desire to smoke and haven't for quite some time. Don't want to smoke and you won't. Don't let your emotions control you. Control and/or redirect your thoughts. Take back your control. Tell addiction to take a hike. Hey there is a good idea. Go for a hike. heh! Fondly, Free [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 189 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,683 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $756 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$54,513.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5957 Hours: 8

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for the bump Stickin. Have fun celebrating The Great American Smoke Out! Danielle ______________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cassie2u, The following are Common Withdrawal Symptoms and tips to help you push forward Occasional dizziness You are now absorbing more oxygen through your lungs than your body has been accustomed to. The dizziness may come once or twice a day for a few days. It usually lasts only one or two seconds, and is gone before you have time to do anything about it. How long will this last? The first few days after quitting. Tips to help: Take extra caution in the things that you do, such as standing up slowly. Headaches About one quarter of smokers report a mild headache at some time during the process of quitting. A headache may last a day, go away, and return a week later. How long will this last? These headaches may occur during the first week to two weeks after giving up smoking. Tips to help: Take a warm bath or shower. Cut down on caffeine and colas. Try relaxation or meditation techniques. Hunger Almost all smokers notice an increase in hunger. You may tend to eat more than you used to. Your body's absorption of food is improved as well, so you will gain more nourishment (even if you don't eat more). How long will this last? The first few weeks after quitting. Tips to help: Try low calorie snacks or beverages. Constipation The movement of your bowels may decrease for three or four days when you reduce your cigarette consumption. How long will this last? This could occur in the first few weeks after quitting and last three to four days. Tips to help: Eat lots of roughage, like raw fruits, vegetables, bran and cereal. Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day and try to exercise regularly. Tremors and perspiration Your hands and fingers may tremble slightly. However, the tremor is usually minor, and will subside as your body gets used to not smoking. You may also experience increased perspiration. How long will this last? The first few weeks after quitting. Tips to help: Frequent warm baths or showers can help dispel both the perspiration and the tremor. If you are concerned, consult your doctor to determine whether it is severe enough to warrant medication. Coughing As the cilia (the little "hairs" in your lungs) come back to life and rebuild, they start to clean the bronchial
17 years ago 0 62 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Shevie I remember you from last October when I last quit. This time is alot harder alot to be said for not giving up on your first quit. Cravings are the strongest at work for me. There are alot of triggers there one of the biggest is quitting time. Good luck to everyone in there quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $29.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$271,659.44

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9770 Hours: 18

Minutes: 47 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Denzil. I remember you, too. Glad to see you back on the wagon. :) One thing that really helped me was anticipating craves. I would watch ahead for a time I would have lit up. When I saw one coming (i.e. leaving work), then I'd expect the mother of all craves to fall squarely on me and I'd mentally be ready for it. I found that expected craves ended up being really weak, if they happened at all. Give it a try, see if it works for you. And don't judge this quit by your last one. Every quit is different, even for the same quitter. Past failure points are not barriers or obstacles to fear, simply a point in time to pass through smoke-free. Congratulations on 4 great smoke-free days, Denzil. Keep up the great quit. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 543 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,877 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2063.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 101 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25

Reading this thread: