Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Pushed to the Brink

18 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Neek, Glad to hear your still smoke free! :) Hang in there... don't let the pressures get to ya. Ron [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 258 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $47.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
TheNeek: I agree with Lady. Being a supervisor is hard, but it would still be hard even if you did smoke. What would change? The AAAHHHH relaxed feeling you used to get, would be replaced by guilt and fear from losing your quit. Protect it. Smoking never solved anything......... Congrats on a nice job at your age. Be proud of that. Many do not reach that level so young. Even though it is rough (to say the least) it is not forever. Stay positive and strong! You can do it! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 253 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $39.24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
18 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Neek! Stay strong. You are doing great and I like your posts. It seems that things come flying at us when we are going through a difficult time. Just dont smoke! Sounds easy enuff huh? Keep us posted...I know you will make it through this. The Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 337 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $123.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
NEEK: I have been in management for more years than I care to mention. Your supervisor put you in this job becuase he thought that you could handle it. Every one will try to test out the new manager. Just do your job to the best of your ability and you will do ok. Smoking never helped me make a decision. Kaiser [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,143 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $780 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Neek ! I can see that emotional thing is widespread. I find myself reacting badly to lots of stuff. Being acting supervisor and given that it is temporary.. I think I'd get a bit of a "tell him when he returns attitude.. I'm only temporary.." attitude. Or, "I'm not authorized to make that decision..". Just don't take it all so seriously.. your fellow employees seem to be having any problem about giving you the business. Tell them to take a number.. your back is already full... Hang Tuff... this will definitely pass ! Christine
18 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stay strong! You CAN DO this [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,089 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $284.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
18 years ago 0 92 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am the "acting" supervisor at work for the last few days and ALL of next week. I'm only 26 years old and tell people that are old enough to be my parents what to do. It's VERY difficult and stressful. Especially when people tell me flat out to my face that I'm "not doing a good job". I have to put up with everyone's complaints about time off, he said she said, and people flat out lying to me. I swear it is the worst week at work ever. To top it all off, my boss was out for all of this week. Which means that I have NO one to to back me up, to stand up for me. I put my foot down if I have too. I have contemplating smoking, but I haven't. And I won't. I get to see my girlfriend for lunch, which is AWESOME. I am holding back tears right now and it's driving me up the walls. I'm almost certain most of this emotional outbreak is due to not smoking. I've been breathing deep and trying not to let it get to me. I appologize in advance for typos, I don't have much time as I am being pulled in a bazillion and one directions at once and can't spend time to proofread my posts for grammar or cohearance. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 367 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $94.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
Still smoke free. No I have a whole week of being supervisor to look forward to. This is going to be a rough one. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 414 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
What's funny is that being a tid bit irritable because I'm not smoking is probably making me a MORE effective supervisor. People don't seem to try and push me around as much. I'm not rude with them, just not wishy washy. I make a decision and stick to it. Plus my boss is back so I have some back up this week. DAY 25.... WOOHOOO! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 433 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Neek... go for a walk and get away for the situation for a bit. Keep taking deep breaths and take things one step at a time. Get some water and just relax. I'm sure you are doing a fine job. Being a supervisor just simply sucks sometimes but it would suck even if you were smoking. Don't let this situation get the best of you. You have made it through 3 weeks smoke free and that is just awesome! It's Friday and soon the day will be done and the weekend upon us. Hang in there. No Smoking Allowed. It wouldn't help anyway. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 259 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,192 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $906.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11

Reading this thread: