Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Calories burned chart

18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cool Post Thanks [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 253 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
18 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey guys...I thought it would be helpful to post how many calories are burned during exercise. I was curious myself, so I looked up the stats. I know that health professionals say you should burn at least 350-400 cals (minimum) during exercise, so some of you may be surprised that you need to work out longer to see any benefits. I am sticking with running because I like to get my workout over and done with :-). Happy exercising! ACTIVITY CALORIES (30 MINUTES) Aerobics 178 Basketball 258 Badminton 125 Bicycling 150 Bowling 108 Brisk walking 150 Cooking 50 Dancing 130 Driving 50 Fishing 114 Golf 108 Hockey 249 Horse riding 255 Ice skating 315 Jogging 150 Judo 363 Mountain climbing 270 Rowing 378 Roller skating 315 Running 325 Sitting at the desk 50 Skiing 252 Sleeping 32 Squash 325 Swimming 250 Tennis 261 Volley ball 93 Walking 130 Writing 50 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 473 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $136.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
Cincere, I was wondering about how many cals I burned from gaining muscle too. It would be interesting to find out. In response to what you said about burning out, becoming a couch potato, I feel like I just had this talk with my mom. She complains that she walks 30-40 min a day and hasn't lost weight even though she has been walking for a year. I honestly feel that she needs a more vigorous workout or needs to increase the time that she walks. I think that is why she has not lost weight. I think any exercise is good, I just think to actually lose weight you need to sweat. You are also missing out on those feel good endorphins...they are part of the reason I am hooked on running :)! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 491 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $142.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
redrosie...you crack me up! That little running guy is too cute! I feel you on swearing, I swear a lot while running too, esp. when I have to run up a big hill. And I would curse all the time if I ran on a treadmill. Doesn't it make you crazy to run in place? No offense, I know they are convenient, but I get bored so easily when I work out that I know I would hate having one too. Well good luck to you and your exercise program, I too am looking forward to warmer weather (I'm in Seattle and it has been really yucky this year). [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 497 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $142.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rissaroo.. You Mom is right about not losing any weight. If she is walking that much, she is building muscle and it weighs more than fat. So for all the fat she loses, she is replacing it with heavier muscle. My son taught me this when he was wrestling.. Also if you are body building to be sure to add protein to your diet for the new muscle. I like the calorie burning chart.. although, I have been looking at fat content on stuff mostly.. Knight Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 788 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
18 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Risso. You are absolutely right about working a sweat up in order to lose weight. I was refering more to raising our resting metabolism. that way, we can burn more calories doing everyday stuff. Am I looking for the easy way out or what? lol Actually, I have started speed walking on my treadmill for 1/2 hour stints and I have come to enjoy the increased endorphins...much more than the nicotine rush thats for sure. Keep it up. NOT SMOKING IS COOL. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,442 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $641.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Those stats can be kind of intimidating to beginners in this better health and better fitfess desire that quitting smoking encompasses. I mean, if we try to do too much (exercise I mean) we may burn out and go back to being "couch potatoes". I wonder what the stats are for calories burned when we increase our muscle mass? Muscles burn more calories than fat so if we spend just 10 min a day lifting a few weights then we should be able to raise our resting metabolism. This hopefully will counteract the decrease in our metabolism than quitting nicotine causes. This is my mind anyway...Stay focused..Stay fit and Stay quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,434 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $641.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi RissaRoo, interesting post, but where's the calories burned stats on my favs., sex, watching t.v. and eating. lol. I know, I know I need to get more active. The torture mill I bought is looking more and more like a high priced coat hanger. I really hate it. I can't wait for the nicer weather so I can get outside more. We do a lot of bike riding. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/sign%20offs/Sports_sport04.gif[/IMG] This is me, but with curse words coming out of my mouth. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,456 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $498 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
18 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks! I always wonder how they figure this stuff out. Since I write a lot in my job, you'd think I wouldn't have to worry! Between writing, driving, cooking, and sitting at the desk, that's 200 calories right there! Oh, and sleeping...32x8...there's another 256! Rusty :)
  • Quit Meter

$54,839.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 647 Hours: 14

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: