Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.765 posts in 47.065 threads.

161,104 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PetiteMyth, Caroline16, Pisces83, BazzViol, TGee

I have a question

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tanya, Thank you for sharing this with us. It is sometimes refreshing to replace a bad habit that could potentially kill you ie. smoking, with a good habit that will not only make you healthier but could potentially help you live longer. Isn't life great?!?! Take Care, Melanie ______________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Can't remember if I repied or not but what ever you do don't put the patch back on!! I did just that!! I also have gained a ton of weight since my quit and thought it might "help". I had to redetox!!!! I was a major you know what and thought I was going in sain!!! It was horrible!! Don't do it! You can do it!!! Believe in yourself!!! charlie girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/9/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 237 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Boy...can I relate. Munch munch gobble crunch give me more....help...i can't stop. Sorry... I know that u would really just like some advice on how to get a grip...But....We can get fat together... Sorry again.... That's not even funny. Oh my... I feel like I'm going crazy... Like u , I also went nekid and have also wandered if I should just put a patch back on. When we think about it though,we've been fully weened off the nicotine by now so what we are feeling is mostly due to the psychology of our quit. Do we really want to restart the physical part again. I have stocked up on carrots,ricecakes,fat free jello & pudding etc. etc. Stay focused,or If all else fails... FAKE IT TIL YOU MAKE IT. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,114 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $495 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
18 years ago 0 36 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tanya here. It has been more than a week since I first posted this and I am very proud to say that I am still nicotine free. I've decided to re-channel my energy and have been going to the gym every day (sometimes twice a day). Right mow I am being very conscious of everything that I put in my mouth and trying to stick to gum when I feel the urge to munch. I haven't lost any weight yet but I figure that if I keep it up then I absolutly will because I am burning more calories than I am consuming. If I don't then there is definately something wrong. I realize now that if I put a patch on I would be regressing in my quit when I want to be moving forward. And NO I DO NOT want to go through the physical part again! The weird thing is that the more I start to get control of the things that I do or did to replace my smoking behavior, the more comfortable I get with my quit. In turn, the less time I spend thinking about smoking. Anyway, the plan is to keep moving forward one day at a time. And today, thankfully, is a good day! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 51 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,186 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
I DO snack on low fat, healthy snacks but my problem is that once I start, I can't stop. So, today, I'm going to try very very hard to not start. So far so good, but it isn't even noon yet. I have to go out and run some errands right now so that will keep me away from the kitchen for a little while anyway. I'll check back with you all later! Thanks Tanya [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 979 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
I know you are right, but all of my jeans are too small and it is too stressful and I refuse to go out and buy bigger clothes! I can't and I won't! It makes me want to smoke and I thought that if I just put a patch on for a short period of time it might keep me from lighting up. I don't know ... maybe they are all just junkie thoughts. I will try very very hard today to not eat and not smoke. If I can do it today, then I can do it again tomorrow and so on. I just have to start with today. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 979 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
3 weeks into my quit I took my patch off and went nekid. Now, 3 weeks later, I put on 10 pounds and probably would have gained more if it weren't for my going to the gym 5 days a week for the past 2 weeks. So I was just thinking... what if I put the patch back on? Just for a little while until I can get my eating under control? Would that be wrong? Input? Anyone? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 979 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $210 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tanya. Good question. I am on the patch myself. Will be for 2 1/2 weeks more. I have to tell ya girl the patch isn't keeping me from eating everything in sight.lol. My advice is to keep going nekkid. You don't want to introduce that nic. back into your body. We will just have to stick to the low-fat foods for a while. That's my 2 cents worth. By the by, 42 days is great! [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/banana.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 950 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $323.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
18 years ago 0 1450 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote] The weird thing is that the more I start to get control of the things that I do or did to replace my smoking behavior, the more comfortable I get with my quit. In turn, the less time I spend thinking about smoking. [/quote] Bingo. :) p.s. consider eating small portions of healthy foods 6-7 times a day verses 2-3 big meals + snacks if you are NOT already. (ie: see the 'don't skip breakfast thread) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/20/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 182 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,017 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $910 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I doubt that re-introducing nicotine into your system would help you control your munchies or lose the weight you've already gained. I probably would just reawaken the addiction processes causing you to once again have to go through the withdrawals later on. When I quit, I weighed 226. During the first six months, or so, I went up to 247. I'm now fluctuating between 232 and 234. Rarely during this time have I gotten to the gym more that twice a week. I could probably get back to 226, or even less, if I'd just work out more often. Don't worry about some weight gain right now, Tanya. Get the quit safe and secure, then worry about losing the weight. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 262 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,252 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $995.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 48 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17

Reading this thread: