Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,460 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease

Day 2

13 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I hope to become good friends with this site!
Thanks for you encouragement!
Have a wonderful evening...will post later.
13 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well, I'm glad that I was able to confirm for you that yes indeed this site is full of real people going through the same thing.  The last time I quit, I was on here all the time and I am so grateful for this site.  All of the people here are the best support you will ever get!  Family & friends are great too but they don't always know what we are going through unless they have been there.  Sorry to hear that you have had to struggle with quitting and starting again so many times but hang in there....your past failures DO NOT indicate your future success!  Take it one day at a time and don't focus on how you slipped before...feeling guilty can be vicious on your spirit....focus on what you are doing in the present and things will work out.  I found it really helpful to make a reward list (a long one!) for all of my milestones.  Big and small it all adds up and it feels good to reward yourself instead of the money going up in smoke. Have a great smoke free day!
13 years ago 0 410 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes ojmas!
And little things grow into big things if we hang in there!
All the best!
cameless
I rewarded myself by buying 2 books and a trip to town. It's the little things...
I was questioning the reality of all people. Sorry. I just had to know!
I quit somking about 10 times in the last 2 years...the longest was 7 weeks and i felt so bad when i caved and smoked again. But I do remember how much better I felt and am right now so that helps. Trip to town did me good...i purchased 2 books to read and some healthy snacks.
Oh, I live in Texas. So, so glad to know everyone is real.
Hello,  yes I am a real person.  Getting ready to enter into my 30's soon and quitting smoking is top of my priority list.  I live in Canada and had quit once before with the help of this site and the patch.  I regretably slipped after a year and a half and so I vowed that this quit would be different.  It has been fairly easy so far for me this time around (it certainly was not the last time!) and I remain positive that I will get through this with the perspective that Allan Carr gives in his book.  All the people on this site are real and all are going through or have gone through all of the same struggles!  Stick around here....it is one of the best places to be!  Hope that answers your question....were you doubting that the people on this site are not real or just me?
13 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ojmas,

Keep on fighting!  I know it is tough but it will get easier.  Keep doing what you are doing.  Posting, venting and fighting!

Your right every minute should be celebrated!  How will you reward yourself for getting through right now?

Ashley, Health Educator
Yesterday was worse for sure! So anxious, nervous, sweating (well, it was almost 80 degrees but I usually don't sweat) and so so angry. I took a shower instead of a bath so I could wash my hair. I'm still thinking about smoking all the time, not only that I want a cigg but the fight I go through to keep from thinking about it. So, I am just breathing (and so much better now) and plan on going into town. That will keep my mind busy as well as my hands. Taking my lifesavers and twizzlers with me...we are great companions.
Thanks for the encouragement. I have to ask a question though. Are you a real person?
Sounds like you are having a tough day....and the first few days (sometimes weeks) are tough but stand up and be proud!  You got through Day 1 which means that you demonstrated to yourself that you are not going to give up without a fight.  Sounds like you do not want to fail and I believe that you can do this.  You are right....everyday is a new milestone and every new day will soon begin to bring you the joys of being a non smoker.  Your body and mind will send you mixed signals regarding smoking and not smoking so yes revisiting why you wanted to quit in the first place is a great idea.  STay strong....you can do this!
I want to smoke but I don't want to smoke and fail AGAIN! Have to look back through my reasons to quit. God I hate this.

Reading this thread: