Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,502 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Mouthfull of sunflower seeds

13 years ago 0 206 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey BT, congratulations again, and thanks again for not making a mess.
Too bad you can't use all of those seed shells for some artsy-craftsy project, huh??
I can't imagine what one could make out of 6 million shells.  But hey, with a glue stick and construction paper, anything is possible, huh??

peteg
13 years ago 0 57 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunflower seeds are great, especially the salted ones! Be careful though, I'm blaming them (and sweets) for my extra kilos!!! But they really do distract you when you need something to do with your hands!!!
13 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Several bags of sunflower seeds later.......I have not had a smoke in a little over a week!!!!!!

peteg - Because of the shear volume of sunflower seeds I have been consuming I have a developed a very efficent desposal method of the seed shells. I had to thy were ending up everywhere! My office trash can has migrated directly next to my desk chair for a quick and easy turn head left and spit movent. Thanks for the offer to clean up! but I got it covered.

Thanks for the support from everyone. 

13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on ONE WEEK, Break Through!!

How did today go?  How is coping via sunflower seeds going?? Are you getting ready for another weekend, prepared with other stragegies for keeping the Quit?

Tiana, Health Educator
  • Quit Meter

$79,464.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5539 Hours: 17

Minutes: 53 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 206 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BT, You're not spitting those seeds all over this site now, are you??  This isn't some random bar with peanut shells all over the floor.  Pick them up right now!!

Hey man, congratulations!!  Me, I don't have the patience for sunflower seeds... like me, they're WAY too high-maintenance.  (Unless they're already shelled, duh.) 

You still doing okay?  Tell you what, think of me when your next crave hits.  I'll be there to pick up as many gross, wet, slimy seeds as you want to spit all over the place.  (Dude.  This is, it should go without saying, a one-time offer.  I'm not your mother.)

Hang in there, and congrats again!!

peteg
Ashley,

Wow, you know I have been so focused on not smoking an hour at a time that it is a little bit of a surprise to know that I'm closing in on a week.  This is great! I think for my reward, I will treat myself to my favorite Indian restaurant. I can't get enough of their creamy cocanut curry. This will be the first time I will teast it as a nonsmoker, I'm sure it will be better than ever!

Alice,

Night vision is very important! LOL, thanks for you comments. 
13 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, Break Through.
13 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on 5 days!  You are almost through the first week, Hell Week!

How do you plan on rewarding yourself for getting through the first week?

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been spending the past three days crunching on carrots.  I fear my skin will turn orange but at least I will be able to have great night vision  Sunflower seeds sound like a great alternative....

Congrats on your fifth smoke free day!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Keep on writing as I find that reading posts (no matter how short or long) always helps a craving past.

To another day closer to freedom
~Alice

Hello all,

Just having some hard cravings and am distracting myself via this post to get through. I'm on my fifth smoke free day of with the help of sunflower seeds and water. It feels great to make it to this point, it has been several years sense I went more the 24hours without a smoke. I feel the craving pass...... thanks for reading..... I know this is not a lot of info but, I feel better. Thanks

Reading this thread: