Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

So It Shall Pass

17 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
These situations arose for me on several occasions....they were usually times filled with stress of some nature....and each time that you face one down, the next one becomes easier. As long as you remain determined and committed, you will be able to handle these situations....and each one will become "less" than the one before. Be sure to reward yourself for hanging right in there and whippin' up on ole nic!! Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1941 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 77,652 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11063.7 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 256 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$158,949.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5342 Hours: 20

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Check out your own stats there, Lady! Scary :8o: 666-LOL Mercy-you are doing so well and I am so proud of your quit! Congratulations! BTW, we just rid our yard of dandelions---I didn't know you could make a tea out them! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 232 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1856 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 24 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy, Every situation you make it through makes you that much stronger. Yes you can still have tough days ahead. Most find the stage you just went through to be one of the worst. Now you know how to make it through the tough times. You just hang on tight and get through it the best you can. No matter what it takes, just don't smoke. Congratulations on your awesome stats. Sounds like you are doing great!!! Lady [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 666 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,336 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2331 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 60 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks guys for the compliments. I'm sitting here sipping dandoline tea. It is supose to be good for the liver and blood. It is cleansing. The taste has to grow on you or you won't like it. Freemom, You are right. It is best not to know if there is another milestone. The subconscience might just bring it on. Sort of like sugestive thinking. I won't go there. Tuttie, You write such beautiful posts!! Your heart just flows. I'm renting an extra umbrella and chair at the beach for you .....RIGHT NEXT TO ME!! LOL Your right girl, we have come way to far to blow it now. Stickin to it, After seeing your stats, who am I to question your encouragement when you say it only gets better and better. I will hang on those words. Josie, YOUR ARE ALWAYS THERE FOR US. Lots of blessings to you always. Yes... everyday sure is an acomplishment. I think this training "not" to smoke is just as hard as those who train to climb Mt Everest!! LOL A much better day today. Even my slight depression has lifted some. I may finally be starting to adjust a bit. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,953 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $433.59 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
mercy, Kudos to you! You have a great milestone coming up and it is worth celebrating. Know that everyday is an achievement and part of your grand success! Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Mercy You have come an awfully long way and for sure you have this quit. Bumps are fewer and less severe. Ride them out now. Nicodemon was making a desperate run at you, testing your resolve, you have endured and built strength. Happy 100, just around the corner and it keeps getting better and better and better. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 461 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2535.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 85 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mercy, I'm so happy that you're feeling so much better. I told you it would pass. ;) Sometimes.....Well, a lot of times, these "bumps in the road" feel more like HUGE hills we're smacking into, huh? Sometimes when we hit those bumps, it is so exhausting fighting our way through. You didn't do anything to bring that rough patch on. Once you started having trouble, I began seeing more and more posts where members at the 100 Day mark were having serious cravings. I even looked at the old posts and a lot of members at that time hit a rough patch on the 100th Day. When you take that 100 Day mark AND this spring time weather, it's like getting a double whammy....with cravings, depression, etc. I guess it is true that we have to go through all 4 seasons as a Non Smoker. I know how you feel. You want to know IF or WHEN the next bump will come but at the same time, you don't want to know. :confuse: I think we both just want to know IF these bad times will ever come to an end and WHEN. I think we just have to keep taking it a day at a time and we have to keep telling ourselves that the cravings will turn into urges and then into memories. Granted, I didn't think I would be craving a cigarette almost 70 days into my quit. This fight is a lot tougher AND LONGER than I thought it was going to be. I just KNEW the cravings be gone by now. Phfft!! :mad: I know you felt the same way. They come and go though and neither one of us came this far to turn back now. Right? Let's keep reminding ourselves that it's will keep getting better as we get through each day. Okay? You're doing a wonderful job, Mercy. I can't tell you how proud of you I am. You're just so close to the beach it's incredible!! Stay Strong with Me!! Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 69 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,111 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $247.71 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Mercy. Glad that crave finally passed! Obviously I'm not as far along as you, but here's my 2 cents. Don't project future craving points. You don't want to think about them too much, because you don't want to dwell and subconsciously CREATE a crave. You may have a big crave down the road or you might not. Think positively but always keep your guard up and remember your coping strategies! Again, just my thoughts. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 359 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $118.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$119,552.36

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6402 Hours: 0

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi to my best smoking buddies in the world, Before I go to bed (early as usual ...LOL) I wanted to thank those that made me believe in myself that I could hang on through the turbulance. I didn't know the turbulance would last a full 3 days. I was beginning to worry and wear thin. Guess it is true that you get a whammy between 90 and 100 days. I feel like it has passed. I'm not sure why it started...or if I did something that got it going.....but I'm glad it seems to be over. Someone clue me in....... DO I HAVE ANOTHER ONE OF THESE TO LOOK FORWARD TO? :blush: What is the next milestone. ON second thought..... maybe I shouldn't ask.... :8o: Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 96 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,938 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $429.12 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23

Reading this thread: