Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

23 DAYS QUIT

17 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Funny...or not...I felt the same way on the weekend, but my daughter told me how proud she is of me and I just have to keep saying NOPE!!! I don't want to go through this 24 days again for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time. This time it really is for good!!!
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
peteg - Know how you say that after 6 months some people just fold...that's what scares me the most! That after all this pain some moment of stupidity will break me! When are we ever free of this desire? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/27/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,044 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $246 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$23,850.23

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6425 Hours: 4

Minutes: 4 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is my 23rd day. I had a real bad weekend but made it with not smoking. someone told me this could happen at about 3 weeks is this true? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 932 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $207 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ugh! During my last quit I heard the same thing and then I become obsessed with the three day, three week, three month theory. Don't fear the three's or the seven's or the one year itch. You made it through a tough weekend! Congratulations! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 438 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $105 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Can't say that I've been there yet, but I've read about quite a few people that say the same thing. Good job though keeping the quit! Joyce [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 174 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.1 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I found week 3 the hardest. The strain of the quit, problems sleeping etc. really built up for me. However, it was the last really hard week I had. I am not saying that I did not have bad urges afterwards, just that it became manageable and somehow it all fell in to place. After week 3 every week seemed easier than the previous. Keep going and you will be through the "wall" before you know it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,364 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $375 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 16 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I found week 3 the hardest. The strain of the quit, problems sleeping etc. really built up for me. However, it was the last really hard week I had. I am not saying that I did not have bad urges afterwards, just that it became manageable and somehow it all fell in to place. After week 3 every week seemed easier than the previous. Keep going and you will be through the "wall" before you know it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/23/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,363 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $375 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DJ: Peteg makes very good sense, doesn't he? Listen to the words -- they're very true and powerful. You're well on your way -- you've worked hard and earned every moment as a nonsmoker. Now let's keep it going! Pegeg: Well said! I see you're almost too 100 days. I can't wait to welcome you to the beach! You've earned it! Keep the faith, both of you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 120 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,837 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $960 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
DJ, Congratulations on day 23! The third week is also referred to as blah week. It is usually accompanied by fatigue and weariness from fighting cravings. Some members hit a rough patch, others do not. Every quitter is different. In any case, keep your distractions & other strategies close just in case you need them and keep rewarding yourself for staying smoke free. Danielle __________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 635 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats DJ AWESOME Carlos [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 53 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 535 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $53 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9

Reading this thread: