Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Morning Cravings

17 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mornings... sigh... I seem to just look out the window every morning I wake up ( I used to smoke on the balcony) and have a "flash back" of me standing outside smoking, LOL! Last time I tried to quit I tried also quitting coffee, thinking it would be too much of a trigger... Well, I miserably failed by avoiding triggers rather than facing them. So I am proud of day 4/5 of me not smoking, but still having my morning coffee and I even had a glass of wine last night! Yay! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 76 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$763,022.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 4202 Hours: 18

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mornings are worse for me too. Fix my tea, make some toast with peanut butter and apple slices. Take my Chantix, drink full glass of water and then it's in the shower, get dressed walk the dog, come back answer emails then start my day. Too busy to smoke.
  • Quit Meter

$30,576.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 630 Hours: 23

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like I'm not alone with the am craves..I think the breathing exercises will help alot. Thanks I definately will start exercising in the am And I have started drinking green tea instead of coffee And I will keep coming here everytime I have the urge and even when I don't I love reading the posts, they are very encouraging and informative from real people dealing with a real addiction and they have lots of love and hope for everyone, Freedom is only a breath away.
17 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am on day 8 and feeling really good about it but I still find the morning is still the hardest part of the day for me. I still think far too much about a cig and still seem to have a craving for one. I try to keep busy in the am before I leave for work, and I find once I get to work I don't think about it hardly at all and don't have any cravings. I guess work is becoming my safe haven oh Yuk!! I have changed a few things I do in the morning but some I can't change like coming back to the house after chores and getting ready for work and filling the time before I leave. I must start exercising or something to fill in the time. Will try that tomorrow, can't hurt; problably help I guess I'm answering my own questions. Just had to come here to feel stronger again. Thanks [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 7 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 111 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Freedom there were days that I didnt even think about a cigg when I got up then there were days that I did. Try to take time to stretch, take in the deep breaths then stretch again...remember to breath deeeeep! Those deep breaths are what gets me to work in the mornings Try things out and see what happens but dont give up! Peace Dawn [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 23 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 427 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $103.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Freedom, Exercise early; 1. Pump your energy,your self-esteem, and metabolism up for the day 2. It will sure kick Nicodemon's butt Start slow and build up to what ever level you have time for. When some of the worst craves would nag at me...this is what I did. I made exercise "My weapon of defense"! good luck...auntdeb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,123 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $104.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi mate, Yea me too mornings were my worst time, just don't give in to them cravings, It really does get easier & better any day now, your through the worst of it, hang in there pal, You cant go back now.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 448 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �99 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I miss the moring cig. and i've been seeing several posts lately about the moring cig. blues. maybe we could do something radical? Like white out the times between 6:00 and 10:00 am on our wristwatches and clocks in our homes, offices and/or cars. Maybe we could pick up those 4 hours in the evening. think how productive we could be! (evening smokers should fee free to reverse this process) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 25 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 257 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $125 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 91 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi freedom, I am right there with you working on day 9 now. I have started leaving my dinner dishes for the morning so that I will be occupied with doing them before leaving for work. Now this is not a usual habit of mine, but I have had to change a few routines. Such as I would usually smoke immediately after dinner then do the dishes. Now I neatly stack dishes in the sink and wipe down counters and stove and I am out of there. The kitchen was the one place I did most of my smoking. So I get out as fast as possible in the evenings. Usually by the mornings I am crazy about not having dishes in the sink when I return home in the evenings to begin a new meal and I am frantic to get them down before leaving for work. Doing them in the mornings helps occupy some of my time, without just sitting there watching the clock tick away thinking about the morning smokes I used to have instead. Now the exercise thing sounds like a winner to me, maybe I should try that. Then I could get my dishes done and my exercise in all in the mornings now. I need to stay out of the kitchen for a couple of days seems like I can walk by the fridge and food seems to jump right into my hand. Will work on the weight gain thing in a couple of weeks. Once I conquer this nicotine addiction. Anyway stay strong with the quit and make it one day at a time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 253 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$12,194.73

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6423 Hours: 16

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi mate Fully understand I worked more hours to fill the day early on!!!!!!!!! It gets better! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 168 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,537 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �882 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40

Reading this thread: